Azzanni, Gillespie receive $50K raises

kamoshika

Wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni and running backs coach Robert Gillespie both got $50,000 raises on their new contracts and the eight returning members of Tennessee’s staff received a total of $250,000 worth of pay increases.

Tennessee athletic director Dave Hart said in December when coach Butch Jones received a contract extension that the salary pool for assistant coaches would also increased. The News Sentinel received each assistant’s contract on Tuesday through a public records request.

Azzanni, Gillespie receive $50,000 raises; Jancek now highest-paid assistant - News Sentinel Story

Reactions: 8 people
I just happily shouted to my wife that a couple of UT's coaches just got a raise bigger than her entire salary (she's a middle school teacher). Now she loves the institution of college football even more than she did before. Hehehehe, I'm so bad.

Reactions: 8 people
I just happily shouted to my wife that a couple of UT's coaches just got a raise bigger than her entire salary (she's a middle school teacher). Now she loves the institution of college football even more than she did before. Hehehehe, I'm so bad.
I hope you enjoy the couch.

Reactions: 9 people
Wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni and running backs coach Robert Gillespie both got $50,000 raises on their new contracts and the eight returning members of Tennessee’s staff received a total of $250,000 worth of pay increases.

Tennessee athletic director Dave Hart said in December when coach Butch Jones received a contract extension that the salary pool for assistant coaches would also increased. The News Sentinel received each assistant’s contract on Tuesday through a public records request.

Azzanni, Gillespie receive $50,000 raises; Jancek now highest-paid assistant - News Sentinel Story

CFP is living proof that assistants are actually very important.

He would honestly still be coach here if Cut had of never left.

somebody is going to snatch these guys if we go 10-2. Especially coach A, IMO

I sure hope you're wrong about that.

I would expect a 10-2 season would get every coach a new contract and much bigger raises and if AD Hart failed to do that then he should be fired.

We simply MUST keep our best recruiters!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Stripling making 410k is well deserved. Wouldn't be surprised if he takes a DC job within the next few years. I hope he doesn't but he's a damn good DL coach.

Reactions: 1 person
Stripling making 410k is well deserved. Wouldn't be surprised if he takes a DC job within the next few years. I hope he doesn't but he's a damn good DL coach.

I think Coach Strip is probably a Butch "lifer". He's been with Butch the last 7 years, was named the interim coach for bowl games each of the last 2 times Butch took new jobs before following Butch to the next school, is making very good money in a low cost of living city and state, and, probably most importantly, turns 62 later this year. Certainly anything can happen, but he seems to be set as a member of Butch's staff IMHO....at least I sure hope so.

Reactions: 2 people

My wife is also an elmentry school teacher, so I know exactly what you're talking about! :post-4-1090547912:

Well, so much for the money we made from the TaxBowl.

Well, so much for the money we made from the TaxBowl.

Speaking of which....me and Ethel went up to Gatlinburg last month, got a great deal up there at the Days Inn, got some coupons for Gooney Golf, went on a helicopter ride, and bought all kinds of tree ornaments at one of them "year round Christmas places".....and we didn't spend near as much as they spent on that busride down to the bowl game ...what the hell's goin' on over there just throwin' money down a rathole or something?... Fire Bama Dave!!!

I think Coach Strip is probably a Butch "lifer". He's been with Butch the last 7 years, was named the interim coach for bowl games each of the last 2 times Butch took new jobs before following Butch to the next school, is making very good money in a low cost of living city and state, and, probably most importantly, turns 62 later this year. Certainly anything can happen, but he seems to be set as a member of Butch's staff IMHO....at least I sure hope so.

I'm getting on your bus! :)

Hahaha I have the debate that athletes (esp NFL players) are underpaid with my gf at least once a month.

Hahaha I have the debate that athletes (esp NFL players) are underpaid with my gf at least once a month.

They are underpaid. As modern day gladiators, too many of them end up broke and selling used cars or hawking lawyer services on public access cable once their entertainment value has ceased.

I enjoy my job as an educator because my job isn't to entertain, it's to teach. What I don't have in salary I make up for in creating opportunities for the 99.999% of students who will do something with their lives other than keep drunken and/or delusional middle aged men happy for a couple hours a week.

Professional athletes and coaches earn every penny for helping people escape from the dross of real life.

VN Store

Back