Foreman capitalizing on 1st-team chance

kamoshika

Overall, though, Foreman’s story has been a frustrating one. He’s won more titles than anyone in Tennessee’s daily “Tennespeed” drills, giving him a rightful claim as the Vols’ fastest player, but he hasn’t started once in 22 career games and has just 20 career tackles.

Foreman opened this spring as a second-team cornerback behind entrenched star Cameron Sutton and talented, up-and-coming rising sophomore Emmanuel Moseley, but opportunity came his way when Moseley was diagnosed with mononucleosis. Foreman didn’t exactly debut with authority upon his inclusion in the first-team defense, but he’s started turning a corner the past week or so, with head coach Butch Jones and defensive backs coach Willie Martinez noting his progress.

The 5-foot-10, 187-pound cornerback was happy to hear the praise — and was really happy when Martinez mentioned him winning Defensive Back of the Day for the first time in his career — but he said he still has a “long way to go” to be the type of player who uses his game-changing speed to change games on a consistent basis.

Tennessee Vols' Malik Foreman capitalizing on first-team chance

Reactions: 4 people
From a Rebel to an Indian, hang in there Malik! Great to see a Kingsport kid wearing the orange and white!

Reactions: 12 people
With he and Gauldin progressing so well it will allow Butch to use the dime package in passing situations. Cam and Martin are two NFL caliber corners so it is a given that they will see the field.

Reactions: 2 people
We will need all of them to play at a high level before the year is over. Only takes one play to ruin your day

I hope all the guys play at a high level so we can have consistency whoever is in the game.

Have to like a guy that sticks around and puts in all of the needed work. A lot of these guys just transfer out, but he's stayed and is competing. I'm a fan.

Have to like a guy that sticks around and puts in all of the needed work. A lot of these guys just transfer out, but he's stayed and is competing. I'm a fan.

Count me in too! I got to see foreman play high school sports .Always the most athletic player on field or court no doubt. Seems to be very humble kid that loves to compete.

Reactions: 1 person
I need to start this comment with "Im by far have no credentials to now whats best for Foreman" But if he could catch the ball wouldn't slot receiver work with his speed to get off the line?

Reactions: 1 person
With he and Gauldin progressing so well it will allow Butch to use the dime package in passing situations. Cam and Martin are two NFL caliber corners so it is a given that they will see the field.

Martin is a NFL caliber corner? How are justifying this assessment?

I didn't realize that Foreman was so fast. I look forward to seeing this 3rd yr version of him out there on the field somewhere.

Here's another article
sports/college/story/2015/apr/13/lockdown-chafuels-vols-secondary-competition/298306/

From tfp

I need to start this comment with "Im by far have no credentials to now whats best for Foreman" But if he could catch the ball wouldn't slot receiver work with his speed to get off the line?

Foreman could play a variety of things. but the question is...can he play those better than who we have?

at CB we had Coleman who was very good in practice but games... mixed results. but no question he was talented by his testing at the NFL combine.

Sutton is 1st day pick next year NFL draft. I'd say mid 2nd round if he tests well at the combine.

Then 2 star Moseley comes in.. beats out his fellow 4 star top 250 guy (Payne). And might be the most talented of them all.
Now add Martin who is a freak athlete.

Foreman has his work cut out for him, but he is talented enough to compete. And he is helping this team. Through his completion and special teams... he's an asset to this team.

If here were here when Waggner and Art Evans were gracing the hill... he would have certainly gotten more playing time

Damn. I had literally forgotten about him. When the hell was the last time we could forget about a talented kid like this. we are freaking loaded right now at dback. Also loaded at line backer. And did I mention dend? And dt!

Damn. I had literally forgotten about him. When the hell was the last time we could forget about a talented kid like this. we are freaking loaded right now at dback. Also loaded at line backer. And did I mention dend? And dt!

If we can stay healthy!

VN Store

Back