Hurd excited to have Kamara as teammate

kamoshika

sp_vols25_0294_AL_16711996_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

From the NFL on down, teams are realizing the cumulative effect of the number of hits running backs who average a high number of carries take. Teams are more frequently splitting carries between backs, and NFL teams are looking to draft backs who haven’t been overused.

Hurd realizes this, and that Kamara complements him well. At 6-foot-3 and 235 pounds, Hurd is a physical runner who exhausts defenses. At 5-11, 195, Kamara is a shifty speedster and a threat to go the distance every time he touches the ball.

Defenses having to prepare for both should make the game easier for Hurd and Kamara. Hurd said that the Vols have experimented with packages that would put both players on the field at the same time, which could cause even more problems for opponents.

Jalen Hurd excited about having Alvin Kamara as a teammate - News Sentinel Story

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
McFadden and Jones were unbelievable and probably the best. Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams are a close second. Very close.

Reactions: 2 people
Might be the best 1-2 combo in the sec.

Chubb & Michel- Georgia
Williams & Collins- Arky

These 2 tandems are proven. It's possible that a healthy Sony Michel is even better than Nick Chubb. Before he was hurt last year, one of the UGA coaches was on record saying Michel was already the 2nd best player on Georgia's team behind Gurley. And we've seen what Chubb can do...absolute beast.

People forget about Williams and Collins but those guys are studs and they compliment each well. Both had 1100+ yds last year

Hurd and Kamara may wind up being the best tandem RBs in the SEC this year, but they'll have to be outstanding because the ones I listed are incredibly talented and will be very productive.

Reactions: 1 person
Chubb & Michel- Georgia
Williams & Collins- Arky

These 2 tandems are proven. It's possible that a healthy Sony Michel is even better than Nick Chubb. Before he was hurt last year, one of the UGA coaches was on record saying Michel was already the 2nd best player on Georgia's team behind Gurley. And we've seen what Chubb can do...absolute beast.

People forget about Williams and Collins but those guys are studs and they compliment each well. Both had 1100+ yds last year

Hurd and Kamara may wind up being the best tandem RBs in the SEC this year, but they'll have to be outstanding because the ones I listed are incredibly talented and will be very productive.

Gurshall (Gurley and Marshall) was a pretty potent tandem as well. The problem for UGA is that both Marshall and Michel appear to be injury-prone so far in their college careers.

Gurshall (Gurley and Marshall) was a pretty potent tandem as well. The problem for UGA is that both Marshall and Michel appear to be injury-prone so far in their college careers.

Probably a little early to say Michel is injury-prone. We'll see. He may actually be more talented than Chubb, which is obviously saying something.

McFadden and Jones were unbelievable and probably the best. Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams are a close second. Very close.

What about Lewis / Henry who I'm not sure were even UT's best duo as Webb / Cobb will be on top for many of the long time fans although Cobb allowed his "Ricky Williams" to cut it short. Pre-injury Chuck Webb was UT's all time best RB.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
What about Lewis / Henry who I'm not sure were even UT's best duo as Webb / Cobb will be on top for many of the long time fans although Cobb allowed his "Michael Williams" to cut it short. Pre-injury Chuck Webb was UT's all time best RB.

Agree with all that. Although I thought drugs were what cut Cobb's career short. Webb definitely the best UT RB I've ever seen.

Lionel James & Bo Jackson, Big Train, Little Train need to be mentioned, also, ever heard of Cobb Webb?

Reactions: 2 people
Probably a little early to say Michel is injury-prone. We'll see. He may actually be more talented than Chubb, which is obviously saying something.

Perhaps, but he missed 5 games in his freshman year after hurting his shoulder against UT, then when he returned late in the season he suffered an ankle inury that hobbled him, and was unable to go through spring ball for his sophomore season due to a collarbone injury. He may get the injury bug out of his system early and have a productive career, but then again, maybe not. RB is a brutal position in the SEC. Hurd stayed dinged up as well his freshman season, just not to the extent of Michel. But yes, he is a very talented RB. Whether he is better overall than Chubb, I don't know.

He may be more shifty, and maybe more top end speed. But Chubb has more power.

Perhaps, but he missed 5 games in his freshman year after hurting his shoulder against UT, then when he returned late in the season he suffered an ankle inury that hobbled him, and was unable to go through spring ball for his sophomore season due to a collarbone injury. He may get the injury bug out of his system early and have a productive career, but then again, maybe not. RB is a brutal position in the SEC. Hurd stayed dinged up as well his freshman season, just not to the extent of Michel. But yes, he is a very talented RB. Whether he is better overall than Chubb, I don't know.

Good points. Being injury-prone sucks, especially when the recurring injury is in the shoulder/neck area. Don't wish ill will on the kid but I hope he's not 100% when they come to Neyland.

I think it's a ball security drill, not the wildcat.

After looking again at the picture I think you're right, but hopefully we will have a wildcat look with Hurd behind center. How unstoppable would Hurd be in the redzone, with Kamara and Pig Howard motioning on jet sweeps to keep the defense honest?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back