Jack Jones jumps from high school to high speed

kamoshika

Jones has been in college for less than four months and is slowly becoming the offensive lineman the Vols need him to be. He says his pass blocking is his strength right now, and he hopes to continue learning the offensive calls to truly be a well-rounded player by the time the spring game rolls around.

But even in those times when he gets lost and feels like he’s drowning, offensive line coach Don Mahoney gave him some pretty solid advice on what to do.

“Coach Mahoney told us,” Jones said. “If you mess up and don’t know what you’re doing, go hit somebody at 100 percent.”

Jones jumps from high school to high speed

* link corrected

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
“Coach Mahoney told us,” Jones said. “If you mess up and don’t know what you’re doing, go hit somebody at 100 percent.”

Maybe that's what that lineman for Florida was doing vs GA Southern? :eek:lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
During WW2 Rommel told his troops...In the absence of specific orders, find something and kill it!

Badass advise IMO.:pilot:

Reactions: 2 people
Guess i gave you guys an easy opening. Will do better in the future.

Still think Rommel was a badass. (Dooley was just a dumbass).

Jack is a Big boy! I kind of hope we are in a position to give him a red shirt. Him and Richmond will be future book ends. Go Vols!!

Guys... Dooley references?! Still? C'mon, man!

We will be shaking our heads and laughing at Dooley references for decades to come. Like surviving the insanely stupid bachelor party road trip to Myrtle Beach. He is permanently a part of the fabric of our Vol lives.

Love Jack Jones. Future star of a beast OLine. Give him a year to grow and learn.

Give him time to learn and get stronger and this kid is going to become a total beast on our line for us.

Everyone knows it all starts up front and buTch is finally getting some beasts on both lines.

Our future is so bright that's it's blinding!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

JJ is definitely a prospect I'm excited about concerning our OL.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it JJ and Shy having some good battles in the circle drills? Pretty much to a stalemate.

JJ is definitely a prospect I'm excited about concerning our OL.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it JJ and Shy having some good battles in the circle drills? Pretty much to a stalemate.

I thought they said it was Chance Hall who had a good showing against Tuttle in the circle of life drill Tuesday.

earlier quote on Jones from vq

Newcomer Jack Jones mixed it up quickly. After winning in the Circle of Life drill, Jones had a couple of through the whistle scuffles that didn't upset anyone on the coaching staff. I think back to bowl practice which Jones in town to watch walked by the defensive line and told them they weren't ready for him. He doesn't lack for confidence and backs down from nothing.

That nasty streak is something that's been missing for a while

earlier quote on Jones from vq

That nasty streak is something that's been missing for a while

I played college ball with JJ's dad at Tennessee Tech...This kid is solid! Great character and the NASTY streak is real. He will be a VFL that will be talked about long after he's gone to the NFL.

Reactions: 1 person

I like that lol

it sounds like young Mr Jones is going to be a force as a lineman

VN Store

Back