First time going to orange and white game..what's the best and closest hotel to stay

volguy27

My wife knows i been wanting to go to the orange and white game.. my wife wants to consider this our anniversary..so looking for hotels that are close to neyland stadium....any info will help? Thanks

Last edited:
My wife knows i been wanting to go to the orange and white game..i wanted to take the kids but my wife wants to consider this our anniversary...any info will help? Thanks

I've stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton across from World's Fair Park. Its about half a mile to the stadium. There are some nice ones closer to downtown as well.

I actually stayed there for my anniversary last year.

Reactions: 3 people
Holiday inn at world's fair park is really nice. Not too pricey either. A basic room is around $120 per night. Plus it's only about half mile from the stadium if that.

Reactions: 1 person
My wife knows i been wanting to go to the orange and white game.. my wife wants to consider this our anniversary..so looking for hotels that are close to neyland stadium....any info will help? Thanks

Hilton Garden Inn right on Cumberland.

Holiday inn at world's fair park is really nice. Not too pricey either. A basic room is around $120 per night. Plus it's only about half mile from the stadium if that.

By far my favorite. Great staff and the bar is very nice. The walk is easy as well.

Another vote for the holiday inn worlds fair park. Its reasonably priced, nice, easy walk to neyland.

Going to Neyland would never be considered a waste?

The O&W game is hella boring. I've been to 2 of them....they can't compare to a night game in Neyland. I'd suggest making plans to attend the Oklahoma game.

The O&W game is hella boring. I've been to 2 of them....they can't compare to a night game in Neyland. I'd suggest making plans to attend the Oklahoma game.

Quit ruining the guy's excitement. I have been to every O/W game since I've lived in Knoxville, they are awesome. I'm counting down the days to this one as well.

Last edited:
Quit ruining the guy's excitement. I have been to every O/W game since I've lived in Knoxville, they are awesome. I'm counting down the days to this one as well.

Lol yea well I thought it was boring and I def wouldn't suggest going through the headaches of travel/lodging/etc for it. Luckily I lived downtown the years I went. Save your money and go to the first home game.

Lol yea well I thought it was boring and I def wouldn't suggest going through the headaches of travel/lodging/etc for it. Luckily I lived downtown the years I went. Save your money and go to the first home game.

Don't listen to him volguy27, you'll have a great time. VolAllen's just pissy because he's up to his eyeballs in the friend zone with that girl in his profile pic.

Reactions: 2 people

Why are you trying to decrease attendance to an event they university is looking to draw in 100k?

Why are you trying to decrease attendance to an event they university is looking to draw in 100k?

I'm not. But the dude has never been to Neyland (which I find crazy that someone is a member of Volnation before even attending a game, but whatever) and I'm trying to encourage him to make it the most memorable experience ever. He's old enough to be married and hasn't gone to a game yet soo....he must not get the chance very often. Therefore, I'm saying save the money and wait a couple of months and have your face rocked off at a real game.

VN Store

Back