Spring Game Format?

AF_VOL

I was wondering what the format will be this year? With all of the injuries, I'm wondering if there will be any changes. Personally I think it would be cool to have Coach Majors and Coach Fulmer call some plays for each team. Has anyone heard anything about the set up this year?

Everyone complained for years about their play calling... and now we want them to call a few plays for the spring game? I can see it now Fulmer will pound the rock up the middle on second down. Majors will quick kick with Dobbs on 3 down and all the fans will boo.

Reactions: 17 people
Everyone complained for years about their play calling... and now we want them to call a few plays for the spring game? I can see it now Fulmer will pound the rock up the middle on second down. Majors will quick kick with Dobbs on 3 down and all the fans will boo.

You'll never get Fulmer and Majors on the field at the same time. Cool concept if we could let them be honorary coaches for the two squads and let the coordinators call the plays. It would just be a nice tribute to both that gave so much for Vol Football in the past, but it will never happen. Still holding a major grudge there that will never be let go of I'm afraid.

Reactions: 3 people
I can't imagine a 1st team Off with 2nd team Def vs 2nd team Off with 1st team Def (the classic O&W). There are just too few players.

It has to be what weird Off vs Def matchup which has some sort of point system for Def.

does Fulmer get to use the I formation ? :)

Reactions: 1 person

It's just a guess, but from reading most of the post on this board, a great number of our fans don't even know what a quick kick is for or why Majors would even consider it.

Reactions: 4 people
I can't imagine a 1st team Off with 2nd team Def vs 2nd team Off with 1st team Def (the classic O&W). There are just too few players.

It has to be what weird Off vs Def matchup which has some sort of point system for Def.

I hate that version.

I was wondering what the format will be this year? With all of the injuries, I'm wondering if there will be any changes. Personally I think it would be cool to have Coach Majors and Coach Fulmer call some plays for each team. Has anyone heard anything about the set up this year?

there are not enough players to have an Orange team and a White team. I imagine it will be controlled plays of offense versus defense. Not a game.

And your ignorance is not confined to the politics forum. Shawn Bryson and many others were great weapons from the fullback position. Hurd getting to the line of scrimmage in 1 second instead of 3 would be great for oir offense. He would be in the 2nd level of opposing defenses early and often. Make the Mike or safety miss and he is taking it to the cheggarboards. Hope we see plenty of it.

And your ignorance is not confined to the politics forum. Shawn Bryson and many others were great weapons from the fullback position. Hurd getting to the line of scrimmage in 1 second instead of 3 would be great for oir offense. He would be in the 2nd level of opposing defenses early and often. Make the Mike or safety miss and he is taking it to the cheggarboards. Hope we see plenty of it.

The love affair this board has one the I formation is something I will never understand.

The only team to base out of I formation for the majority of the past 5-10 years is also the biggest underachieving team in the entire SEC, Georgia.

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah I mean he is a small little guy. What is he, 5'7, 160 pounds?

Oh wait....... 6'3, 240?

Yeah I could how he would just bounce right off of opposing D-lines.

It's not about size. It's about wasting a great player at a position that rarely gets the football.

Reactions: 2 people
It's not about size. It's about wasting a great player at a position that rarely gets the football.

I'm not saying move him to fullback permanently. I just said you may see us line up in the "I" a few times this year. Just because you run an I-formation once it doesn't make you a permanent fullback.

Yeah, because our OC has no prior history of running the I formation. No way that would ever happen.

Because we have an athletic qb who is a much bigger advantage for us from the gun, and a hc who's teams have probably been under center a dozen times or less since he started at CMU.

The love affair this board has one the I formation is something I will never understand.

The only team to base out of I formation for the majority of the past 5-10 years is also the biggest underachieving team in the entire SEC, Georgia.

*Georgia has won 10 games or more 7 of the last 11 years.....I wish the Vol's could underachieve like Georgia, don't you?
Georgia has won 105 games since 2004.. FYI

VN Store

Back