Any word on Croom?

Out of Spring due to injury. Coming off surgery.

Ah, I see. You wouldn't happen to know what the injury is and how his recovery is going?

I was really hoping he would have a good year this year. Finally break out and perform up to the level of his potential. Hopefully the injury bug will give him a break this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Ah, I see. You wouldn't happen to know what the injury is and how his recovery is going?

I was really hoping he would have a good year this year. Finally break out and perform up to the level of his potential. Hopefully the injury bug will give him a break this year.

Either a knee or shoulder, don't recall which. Sure somebody else will.

Hard to keep up with the injuries, but per the UT athletic website, he suffered a knee injury prior to Taxslayer Bowl. I would assume this is the injury from which he is recovering. Don't know how he is progressing though .

@wesrucker247: #Vols' Jason Croom continues to be the largest specimen I've ever seen at wide receiver. It's absurd. http://t.co/cGRRYrpEQ7

Some pretty fast straight line speed as UK found. Dang, what a beast. Only a rsSO this year iirc!

If Jason keeps working on agility, coordination, and hands ... he could be unstoppable at some point. May look like a 6-5 260# Jayson Swain by the time he leaves here. Press cover that if your 5-10 180!

Croom has NO chance of playing at the next level at WR. But, you watch: He might end up in the league as a TE, which is where he should have played here from the freakin' get-go. Absurd is right.

Reactions: 3 people
Croom has NO chance of playing at the next level at WR. But, you watch: He might end up in the league as a TE, which is where he should have played here from the freakin' get-go. Absurd is right.

I disagree completely. Look at what Kelvin Benjamin did at Carolina last year....same build, same type of player. Kelvin literally knew zero routes going into camp last year and ended up as one of the top rookie WR's in a loaded rookie class. Size and athleticism can hide a lot of flaws....even at the next level. Croom could be great and I hope they utilize him and North a lot more this year.

Reactions: 5 people
I do hope that young Mr Croom has a healthy year,for a change and somebody will throw the ball at him,he has to be hard to miss at that size

Croom seems to have bad luck every year.

It seems like in the 2nd half of the season he starts coming along well, making some good plays and then BOOM, he's hurt again.

Being hurt has really slowed down his growth every year and by the time he's totally healthy and getting back to game shape and starting to do well he gets hurt again.

I think he could develop and do some great things if he could only stay healthy for 2 years in a row.

Here's to hoping he stays healthy the rest of his time on the hill.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 3 people
I really like Jason but he has been hurt his entire time at Tennessee, just one of those players who can't stay healthy. We need him but don't hold your breath.

He also has lacked confidence. If Butch can get him to believe in his ability then he has huge potential to play in the NFL.

Croom has NO chance of playing at the next level at WR. But, you watchh: He might end up in the league as a TE, which is where he should have played here from the freakin' get-go. Absurd is right.

While I agree that he would make a good TE, I thought his progression at WR over the season shows he is very effective on the outside. Crooms presents a serious mismatch wherever he lines up. I don't see it as absurd that he stayed at the WR position.

Reactions: 4 people
Croom has ability and size, but plays soft. Maybe he can flip a switch, but will probably finish his career at UT as a 4th or 5th option WR at best.

So true. In the NFL there are guys his size that can run. And stay healthy. But don't get me wrong....i like him a lot and love how dedicated he has been. I do truly believe he should have been a te all along

Croom has ability and size, but plays soft. Maybe he can flip a switch, but will probably finish his career at UT as a 4th or 5th option WR at best.

I definitely want him to come out more physical this year.

VN Store

Back