Jalen Hurd bulking up

VolsnRavens

Wow, dudes gonna be a beast.

Jalen Hurd Bulking Up This Offseason | Bleacher Report

Vols' Jalen Hurd nearing 240 pounds
Wes Rucker - Apr 9, 10:24 AM 29
Tennessee Newsletter

Jalen Hurd has never been a small running back, but he wants to be an even bigger running back in 2015.

Tennessee rising sophomore running back Jalen Hurd (Photo: Wes Rucker, 247Sports)
Tennessee’s 6-foot-3 rising sophomore said after Tuesday’s practice that he’s approximately 235 pounds and wants to be 240 pounds heading into the 2015 season. He was listed at 227 pounds last season, when he collected more than 1,100 yards from scrimmage and seven touchdowns to help the Vols secure their first winning season since 2009.

Hurd’s bigger now, and he wants to stay on that path.

“I’m about 235 right now. I feel great. I feel awesome,” Hurd said. “I’ve added a little strength. I think just my overall strength has gotten better, and I’ve put on a little weight, and that’s gonna help me throughout the course of the season.

“And I don’t think I’ve lost anything.”

Attachments

• Hurd.jpg
    Hurd.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: 5 people
good-good-let-the-rage-flow-through-you.jpg

Reactions: 34 people
He will be hurting people at that size when he runs into them. As long as he can stay healthy he has a really bright future.

The Vols 2015 season perhaps should be called The Punishment Tour. Hurd with a year's experience, bigger and stronger will bring the pain. Love to see that OU blitz package happen with an angry Hurd picking it up.

The Vols 2015 season perhaps should be called The Punishment Tour. Hurd with a year's experience, bigger and stronger will bring the pain. Love to see that OU blitz package happen with an angry Hurd picking it up.

240 lb Hurd, Kamara with his burst, and then Dobbs...if they stay healthy we will have as varied and potent a rushing attack as any team in the SEC.

Hurd dragging tacklers for 3 or 4 yds after contact is indeed a sight to behold!

That's good, more strength without losing speed. I hope he makes that mental leap this year, though, on learning when to take the hit, and when to dance around it. More Marcus Allen than Eddie George.

Hurd dragging tacklers for 3 or 4 yds after contact is indeed a sight to behold!

It seemed that in the Bowl game, they never got many chances to get dragged.
Just a "little" ( I use that term loosely) move and he skirted or bounced away..........."INTO THE CHECKERBOARD!"

orangeglasses.png

yep, I'm guilty.

Reactions: 3 people
LBs and DBs are not going to like tackling him.........I predict........P A I N.....bring on the HURT

"On this day right here! we going to take care of Bidness"...Dusty Rose

Go Vols!

He's the same height and weight as Derrick Henry at Bama and he went beast mode his soph year. Hope Hurd does the same

Reactions: 4 people
Loved the way he steam rolled players last year. I imagine that'll only happen more with him being bigger.

The only thing Hurd has lost this spring has been his full-contact clearance. The former five-star prospect from Beech High School in Hendersonville, Tenn., has worn a green, limited-contact jersey all spring while recovering from an operation to clean out a shoulder.

You think that maybe he is being limited to no contact to also protect those still healthy on the defense?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back