Vols have a new way to get to practice

govols105

part of me likes it and part of me doesn't. i don't ride. but respect them that do as it takes serious kahunas cause one fall and your done. go vols!

10628576_798710006850969_3144524102300711511_n.jpg

10475693_798710010184302_2958437587549927381_n.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Makes me cringe a little, only for the fact our rival fan bases will get a hold of the pics.

This guy approves...

jeff-driskel-scooter-jorts-florida.png

Reactions: 1 person
Peyton says:

The guy in the last photo must be on a Vespa so he must be the kicker!

Last edited:
I used to ride.

Scares the bejeezus out of me to see them riding. Falling off at even 5 mph can cause significant damage.

The helmets and pads would help some, but if the head hits a curb or God forbid, a car hits them. Skull fractures, broken legs or broken arms. Look at the jersey numbers and make sure we all PRAY for good fortune.

On the other hand, they are young and invincible and have to have a little fun, right. Like I said PRAY!

As with most 2-wheeled modes of transport, the big worry is the traffic around you. I hope there are no Bama or Gator fans driving around near them.

Reactions: 2 people
Peyton says:

The guy in the last photo must be on a Vespa so he must be the kicker!

Jeff Driskel, former Gator QB. The jorts gave it away.

Regarding the scooters, Butch cannot be thrilled about seeing his starting QB riding on the back of one.

I rode a scooter for 2 of my years at UT. You sit higher than a motorcycle so they are easier to see and have better control at low speeds. They aren't fast enough for the interstate (top speed around 45-50) or to try and show off on. Never wrecked it, loved the on campus parking, sold it after graduation.

Are people actually concerned this is unsafe? They play football and ten year old girls drive scooters.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I for one don't care if they ride scooters to practice, no big deal, what bothers me is football equipment outside of the locker rooms. The coaches need to keep a closer eye on the players. The equipment should never leave the locker room. Wonder if Butch knows and if so what does he think about it. If it is allowed no big deal I just would not do it.

They are riding to practice in the stadium. They usually walk or catch a ride with others up to the stadium from the practice facility. If they don't take football equipment out of the locker rooms they would never be able to practice.

VN Store

Back