Way Too Early Game 1 Starting Lineup

NeylandTradition

NO-SIR-REE!
My picks for the Offensive/Defensive starting lineup against Bowling Green. Green = High Confidence, Blue = Medium Confidence, Red = Low Confidence

OFFENSE

TE - ETHAN WOLF
LT- KYLER KERBYSON
LG- MARCUS JACKSON
C- MACK CROWDER
RG- JASHON ROBERTSON
RT- DREW RICHMOND

QB- JOSHUA DOBBS
RB- JALEN HURD

WR1- MARQUEZ NORTH
SLOT- VON PEARSON
WR2- PIG HOWARD

DEFENSE

DE- DEREK BARNETT
DT- KAHLIL MCKENZIE
DT- SHY TUTTLE
DE- CURT MAGGITT

WLB- JALEN REEVES-MAYBIN
MLB- DILLON BATES

NB- RASHAAN GAULDEN
CB- CAM SUTTON
FS- BRIAN RANDOLPH
SS- LADARRELL MCNEIL
CB- EMMANUEL MOSELEY

We will have 3 true freshman starters in Kahlil McKenzie, Shy Tuttle, and Drew Richmond. I think early playing time helped flip Drew Richmond so I see him starting game 1 at the RT position. Kahlil and Shy will start and that is a no brainer imo.

I am least confident on LaDarrell McNeil, and Emmanuel Moseley as a lock for starter with Evan Berry and Todd Kelly surging right now.

Anyone see a different lineup than this one? GBO!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
My picks for the Offensive/Defensive starting lineup against Bowling Green.

OFFENSE

TE - ETHAN WOLF
LT- KYLER KERBYSON
LG- MARCUS JACKSON
C- MACK CROWDER
RG- JASHON ROBERTSON
RT- DREW RICHMOND

QB- JOSHUA DOBBS
RB- JALEN HURD

WR1- MARQUEZ NORTH
SLOT- VON PEARSON
WR2- PIG HOWARD

DEFENSE

DE- DEREK BARNETT
DT- KAHLIL MCKENZIE
DT- SHY TUTTLE
DE- CURT MAGGIT

WLB- JALEN REEVES-MAYBIN
MLB- DILLON BATES

NB- RASHAAN GAULDEN
CB- CAM SUTTON
FS- BRIAN RANDOLPH
SS- LADARRELL MCNEIL
CB- EMMANUEL MOSELEY

We will have 3 true freshman starters in Kahlil McKenzie, Shy Tuttle, and Drew Richmond. I think early playing time helped flip Drew Richmond so I see him starting game 1 at the RT position. Kahlil and Shy will start and that is a no brainer imo.

I am least confident on LaDarrell McNeil, and Emmanuel Moseley as a lock for starter with Evan Berry and Todd Kelly surging right now.

Anyone see a different lineup than this one? GBO!

Even with a Spring under his belt, doubt Shy gets the starting nod over either Owen W. or O'brien. McKenzie is a different story. He's probably better than half of the starting DTs in the league right now and he isn't even on campus.

Reactions: 3 people
I wonder if this is how Bama feels every year lol. Last year there weren't many questions on who was starting. QB was a big one, but still.

I bet obrien wins one of the DT spots. And I doubt richmond starts oline. Hard to come in as freshmen play oline and d tackle. Usually need more time in the weight room.

I may be wrong however as all three are elite talents.

I'd rather just go with 2-3 deep as we will enjoy substitutions this year

LT: Blair/Kerbyson/maybe even C. Mosely
LG: Jackson/Sanders or Wiesman
C: Robertson/Crowder
RG: Kerybson/Robertson or Wiesman
RT: Kendrick/J. Jones/Richmond
TEs: Wolf/Creamer/Ellis
WR: North/Croom/Johnston
WR: Von/Malone/J. Smith/Blanc
Slot: Pig/Von/Evan Berry
RB: Hurd/Kamara/Paulk?/Abernathy
QB: Dobbs/Domady/Jennings

DE: Barnett/Lewis/Mixon/Phillips (RS)
DT: Kmac/Tuttle/Vickers/Saulsberry
DT: O. Williams/O'Brian/C. Mosley
DE: Maggitt/Vereen/Weatherd

LB:Weatherd/Maggitt
LB:Bates/Kirkland
LB: JRM/McDowell

FS: Randolph/Griffen
SS: McNeil/Kelly for running teams & Kelly/McNeil for passing teams
NB: Gaulden/E. Berry
CB: Sutton/Williams???/Foreman
CB: E. Mosely/Martin

P: Townsend/Medley
PK: Medley/
PR: Sutton/Abernathy
KR: Berry/Abernathy
Long Snapper: Lovingood/Crowder
Clipboard Guy: Dormady/S. Jones
WaterBoy: Daniel Lewis/Reed Carringer/Houston Kress

Last edited:
Any starting lineup without Rod Wilkes is bull.

3lFHq.gif

Reactions: 6 people
I could see holding back for the first game, but I bet we see both for Oklahoma.

Doesn't really matter, we will see them in the 2 or 3 deep and they will get in 20-30 snaps a game. I would imagine, O. Williams and O'Brian will play much better this year as they won't be playing 60-80 snaps a game.

Agreed on O'Brien, and I think Saulsberry gets the other DT spot if healthy. Game 1 start goes to the upperclassmen imo. Lotta PT for Shy and Khalil though..

Agreed on O'Brien, and I think Saulsberry gets the other DT spot if healthy. Game 1 start goes to the upperclassmen imo. Lotta PT for Shy and Khalil though..

Saulsberry will be lucky to see the field without being driven onto it. His knees are shot. If he plays at all, it will be through a combination of sheer will power, and the coaches wanting to see him on the field some during his senior year. But he won't start. And, he won't be in the 2 deep.

Saulsberry will be lucky to see the field without being driven onto it. His knees are shot. If he plays at all, it will be through a combination of sheer will power, and the coaches wanting to see him on the field some during his senior year. But he won't start. And, he won't be in the 2 deep.

This is correct in my opinion. Sualsberry will be a player coach more than anything else. He'll provide leadership that way.

Tuttle and Kahlil will be the two of the best DT's in the SEC by the end of the 2016 season (sophomore seasons) They are extremely talented. The two most talented we've had since Haynesworth and Henderson. And I believe they'll be better than that combo when it's all said and done.

Obrien and Owen are great elder guys to rotate with.

This is correct in my opinion. Sualsberry will be a player coach more than anything else. He'll provide leadership that way.

Tuttle and Kahlil will be the two of the best DT's in the SEC by the end of the 2016 season (sophomore seasons) They are extremely talented. The two most talented we've had since Haynesworth and Henderson. And I believe they'll be better than that combo when it's all said and done.

Obrien and Owen are great elder guys to rotate with.

As much hype as there has been on this incoming class, I am actually really looking forward to seeing the improvement in the older players. O'Brien and Owen Williams should be a lot better with more time to rest.

Reactions: 2 people
The lineup I would like to see.

DE Weatherd 6'4 230
ODT Barnett 6'3 270
DT Kmac 6'4 320
DE Maggit 6'3 245
- D-line. decent size but loaded with pass rushing ability.
Barnett can but just as effective playing outside the guard as he is the tackle.

OLB McNeil 6'1 210
MLB Reeves Maybin 6'1 230
- Both of these guys would have 100 tackles by seasons end. Both can cover the flat or middle deep

NB Sutton 6'1 190
CB Moseley 6'0 178
CB Martin 6'2 192
FS Randolph 6'0 210
SS Kelly Jr. 6'0 205
- Sutton at Nickel would create so much disruption in play development. Not to mention he could ever anyone they put in the slot. Moseley and Martin are both long and fast. Randolph and Kelly would be the best tandem in the SEC.

Probable line-up

Barnett
Tuttle
Mckenzie
Maggitt

Maybin
Bynum

Sutton
Moseley
Gaulden
Randolph
McNeil

I'd rather just go with 2-3 deep as we will enjoy substitutions this year

LT: Blair/Kerbyson/maybe even C. Mosely
LG: Jackson/Sanders or Wiesman
C: Robertson/Crowder
RG: Kerybson/Robertson or Wiesman
RT: Kendrick/J. Jones/Richmond
TEs: Wolf/Creamer/Ellis
WR: North/Croom/Johnston
WR: Von/Malone/J. Smith/Blanc
Slot: Pig/Von/Evan Berry
RB: Hurd/Kamara/Paulk?/Abernathy
QB: Dobbs/Domady/Jennings

DE: Barnett/Lewis/Mixon/Phillips (RS)
DT: Kmac/Tuttle/Vickers/Saulsberry
DT: O. Williams/O'Brian/C. Mosley
DE: Maggitt/Vereen/Weatherd

LB:Weatherd/Maggitt
LB:Bates/Kirkland
LB: JRM/McDowell

FS: Randolph/Griffen
SS: McNeil/Kelly for running teams & Kelly/McNeil for passing teams
NB: Gaulden/E. Berry
CB: Sutton/Williams???/Foreman
CB: E. Mosely/Martin

P: Townsend/Medley
PK: Medley/
PR: Sutton/Abernathy
KR: Berry/Abernathy
Long Snapper: Lovingood/Crowder
Clipboard Guy: Dormady/S. Jones
WaterBoy: Daniel Lewis/Reed Carringer/Houston Kress

I like this O line.

If Jashon can takeover at C and two non-Kerbyson tackles establish themselves, this O line could be pretty good.

VN Store

Back