Bleacher Report Says Tennessee is 10-2 in 2015

KBVol

Early 2015 Win-Loss Record Projections for Every SEC Football Team | Bleacher Report

2014 Record: 7-6 (3-5 SEC)

Returning Starters: 18

This is the year for Tennessee. No really, it is.

The Vols will return to the SEC Championship Game for the first time since 2007, thanks to a dynamic offense led by dual-threat quarterback Joshua Dobbs, the addition of Alvin Kamara to a backfield that already includes Jalen Hurd and a deep, talented and healthy wide receiving corps. The only question on offense is up front, but the Vols return four starters on the offensive line, and Dontavius Blair has been impressive at left tackle in spring practice.

"Last year, he was more fighting the practice more than the guys in practice in terms of the technique, the fundamentals and the scheme," offensive line coach Don Mahoney said in March, according to UTSports.com. "He was battling his own physical condition. Now, he is in better shape and is stronger. His sense of urgency is great.

Defensive end Derek Barnett will lead a defensive line that returns seven of eight players on the two-deep and get a talent injection with freshmen Shy Tuttle, Kyle Phillips, Kahlil McKenzie and Andrew Butcher. The linebacking corps is solid and Cam Sutton will lead a veteran secondary.

The only objection to Tennessee seems to be "because it's Tennessee." That's not good enough for me. The Vols will win the SEC East.

Projected 2015 Record: 10-2 (6-2 SEC), with losses at Florida and at Alabama.

Reactions: 8 people
I would take it, but what the Hell do they think is going to be Florida's record?

Edit: Just read the article. The link wasn't working for me at first.

Last edited:
Of course it losses to Florida and Alabama :realmad:

Obviously those are the two games you want the most, but who could be upset with an SECE title? Not this guy.

Reactions: 3 people
Nope. He said it. This year is the year. We are going undefeated with a national title and Butch flips off the rest college football, winning COY. Anyone who doesn't believe this is an obvious fool.

I'm thinking 9-3 with a tenth win in the chik fil a bowl against clemson. Losses: @bama, @mizzou, @florida. Not sure where we would finish in the east with a 5-3 record. Maybe a three way tie between us, UGA, and mizzou. Hope I'm wrong on Florida, but I'll never pick us to win that game until we do.

Reactions: 2 people
I feel like the loss prediction to UF is "because it's Tennessee."

Of course it is. No sane person would predict Tennessee to beat Florida at Florida given the last 10, 18, even 29 years. So, the safe, and likely most accurate prediction to make if you're Bleacher Report or any other media outlet, is to predict another loss to Florida.

Also, aside from us, these are essentially the exact same results as last year.. Give Bama a couple of losses, give their wins to Auburn, and Mississippi State takes their fall. That's it.

Reactions: 1 person
Of course it is. No sane person would predict Tennessee to beat Florida at Florida given the last 10, 18, even 29 years. So, the safe, and likely most accurate prediction to make if you're Bleacher Report or any other media outlet, is to predict another loss to Florida.

The series with Florida has me so stressed out that I wouldn't even predict a win in Knoxville next year if we somehow pull this one out in Gainesville. Winning streaks and Florida don't mix when it comes to UT. Do I want a streak started? Yes. Would I ever count on a streak? Hell no. The Gators could be winless coming in to the showdown with UT and it would still be the game over any other that I believe we couldn't win. I wanna believe.

The series with Florida has me so stressed out that I wouldn't even predict a win in Knoxville next year if we somehow pull this one out in Gainesville. Winning streaks and Florida don't mix when it comes to UT. Do I want a streak started? Yes. Would I ever count on a streak? Hell no. The Gators could be winless coming in to the showdown with UT and it would still be the game over any other that I believe we couldn't win. I wanna believe.

In total agreement brother.

Butch f'ed up not beating Florida this year (and last year). It is just one of those losses that will haunt him for his career. If we go 10 - 2 with a trip to Atlanta but another loss to Florida, the season will feel ridiculous.

In 2015, I would seriously feel better about 9 - 3 but a victory over Florida. I really would.

It is time to end this nonsense. Florida has never been weaker since Tebow graduated and its coincided with the most ridiculous we've been in 100 years. It just kills me now.

If Butch was doing nothing but preparing for Florida, I would not consider him wrong.

I hope Butch dresses all the tackling dummies in Florida uniforms. I hope he puts Tebow bobble-heads on all the salt and pepper shakers. As punishment for poor practice, run stadium stairs in jorts. I hope he does the gator chomp in the team's faces so much they're ready to rip through BGHS like the Tasmanian Devil through a Bugs Bunny palm tree.

We cannot lose to Florida again. We really can't. I would seriously be happier with 9-wins and a Florida victory than 10-wins with another loss to the daymn dirty gators.

This is Butch's true mission - turn the corner for good against the Gators. Fulmer did it against Bama and they were better than the Gators are now. Gators are weaker than they've been in a generation or more. Just get that win, Butch. We don't care how.

Reactions: 6 people
Butch f'ed up not beating Florida this year (and last year). It is just one of those losses that will haunt him for his career. If we go 10 - 2 with a trip to Atlanta but another loss to Florida, the season will feel ridiculous.

In 2015, I would seriously feel better about 9 - 3 but a victory over Florida. I really would.

It is time to end this nonsense. Florida has never been weaker since Tebow graduated and its coincided with the most ridiculous we've been in 100 years. It just kills me now.

If Butch was doing nothing but preparing for Florida, I would not consider him wrong.

I hope Butch dresses all the tackling dummies in Florida uniforms. I hope he puts Tebow bobble-heads on all the salt and pepper shakers. As punishment for poor practice, run stadium stairs in jorts. I hope he does the gator chomp in the team's faces so much they're ready to rip through BGHS like the Tasmanian Devil through a Bugs Bunny palm tree.

We cannot lose to Florida again. We really can't. I would seriously be happier with 9-wins and a Florida victory than 10-wins with another loss to the daymn dirty gators.

This is Butch's true mission - turn the corner for good against the Gators. Fulmer did it against Bama and they were better than the Gators are now. Gators are weaker than they've been in a generation or more. Just get that win, Butch. We don't care how.

If we go to Atlanta I would be ok with a loss to Florida. The season certainly wouldn't feel ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back