Slice would like some help

Praying you guys get there.

Last edited:
Wow. Can't believe that long to diagnose Red!!
Red is a nurse and she told the doctors she suspected it was Lyme and they said no. They should have their butts sued off after the official Lyme diagnosis was determined.

Reactions: 1 person
Red is a nurse and she told the doctors she suspected it was Lyme and they said no. They should have their butts sued off after the official Lyme diagnosis was determined.

My wife has had issues with Dr's like that. I know they're human and have a stressful job, but nobody knows your body like you do. I like a Dr who will listen to their patients and at least let them explain what they feel.

Reactions: 5 people
My wife has had issues with Dr's like that. I know they're human and have a stressful job, but nobody knows your body like you do. I like a Dr who will listen to their patients and at least let them explain what they feel.
Especially when they are talking to an RN!

Alright, I'm temporarily back from early retirement because some of you people need a good swift kick in the ass.

I'm here to speak for a friend, and I hope some of you numbskulls will listen. Slice's wife is very ill. In case you missed it, he's started a thread about it. It includes a link to a site where you can make contributions to help her get the treatment she needs. If you're too lazy to find his thread, here's a link to Red's site.

Curing Lyme Disease by Sandra Fugatt Smith - GoFundMe

Now, for those of you out there who are married, how far would you go for your spouse? One of the hardest things for any man to do is admit he needs help. And that's exactly what Slice is asking for. He's not asking for handouts to fund a luxury trip to Germany. He's telling you his wife is ill, her best chance for treatment right now is a clinic in Germany, and he needs help to get the woman he loves to that clinic so she can receive treatment. Seriously, any amount will be welcome. I'm not asking, I'm begging, for both of their sakes, help them out.

This is VolNation. We are all Volunteers. I've seen that Volunteer spirit rise up in the past when someone died. Why do we have to let someone die before we show that spirit? We have a chance to help someone live. Red is a loving mom and wife. Help her, and help her family. Make a difference now. Five dollars, ten dollars, whatever you can give. It adds up. We have it in our power to help Slice, Red, and their family. So please, please, give what you can.

Helping a good person to live is something you will never regret. Doing nothing and hearing the worst possible outcome has occurred, that's a regret you will always carry. Act. Don't just think about it, do something about it.

For those who choose to act, thank you.

I'll leave you with a little Gandhi:

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Reactions: 14 people
Slice and red are good people. Red especially so, not so much on slice. Please give as you can.

Thoughts and prayers to red and family.

Reactions: 3 people
Alright, I'm temporarily back from early retirement because some of you people need a good swift kick in the ass.

I'm here to speak for a friend, and I hope some of you numbskulls will listen. Slice's wife is very ill. In case you missed it, he's started a thread about it. It includes a link to a site where you can make contributions to help her get the treatment she needs. If you're too lazy to find his thread, here's a link to Red's site.

Curing Lyme Disease by Sandra Fugatt Smith - GoFundMe

Now, for those of you out there who are married, how far would you go for your spouse? One of the hardest things for any man to do is admit he needs help. And that's exactly what Slice is asking for. He's not asking for handouts to fund a luxury trip to Germany. He's telling you his wife is ill, her best chance for treatment right now is a clinic in Germany, and he needs help to get the woman he loves to that clinic so she can receive treatment. Seriously, any amount will be welcome. I'm not asking, I'm begging, for both of their sakes, help them out.

This is VolNation. We are all Volunteers. I've seen that Volunteer spirit rise up in the past when someone died. Why do we have to let someone die before we show that spirit? We have a chance to help someone live. Red is a loving mom and wife. Help her, and help her family. Make a difference now. Five dollars, ten dollars, whatever you can give. It adds up. We have it in our power to help Slice, Red, and their family. So please, please, give what you can.

Helping a good person to live is something you will never regret. Doing nothing and hearing the worst possible outcome has occurred, that's a regret you will always carry. Act. Don't just think about it, do something about it.

For those who choose to act, thank you.

I'll leave you with a little Gandhi:

Be the change you want to see in the world.

The Dali Llama has spoken.

Nice to see you back on here!

I lost my thread for a minute.....
I started this thread in the Pub. To Freak, VollyG, GaVol or whoever moved it here, Thank you. It was vary gracious of you to do so.

For those who don't know, this is not Reds first fight with an illness. She was very sick before with PBC. Primary biliary cirrhosis - Mayo Clinic
She fought threw that and achieved remission. Very few with PBC get to where she was. It was first thought that the PBC had returned when she became ill this time. We even went to the mayo clinic for it. This may be why the Lyme has hit her so hard.
It's my duty to get her the help she deserves which includes a humble thanks to anyone who is willing help. She deserves the help even though I don't.

Thanks, El SliceBo XIII

I lost my thread for a minute.....
I started this thread in the Pub. To Freak, VollyG, GaVol or whoever moved it here, Thank you. It was vary gracious of you to do so.

For those who don't know, this is not Reds first fight with an illness. She was very sick before with PBC. Primary biliary cirrhosis - Mayo Clinic
She fought threw that and achieved remission. Very few with PBC get to where she was. It was first thought that the PBC had returned when she became ill this time. We even went to the mayo clinic for it. This may be why the Lyme has hit her so hard.
It's my duty to get her the help she deserves which includes a humble thanks to anyone who is willing help. She deserves the help even though I don't.

Thanks, El SliceBo XIII
Oh, you need help alright but we won't go there. Any of you fellow Vol fans out there who can spare any cash for Red to get a life saving treatment, any amount will help and only takes a minute to do it on the fund me site. Y'all rise up and help this fine Vol lady get the help she needs.

Slice, the other thing Red is doing by being so honest with her story (and I don't mean opposite of dishonest, I mean being open, ya know?) is making people aware of what can happen. You guys never know who is going to read about her, and save their own life, or someone they know, because of it.

Both of you are in our prayers, and your boys too.

Even though I question Red's choice in husbands, these are great people. Please help if you can. Slice needs someone to kick his rear end on a daily basis, so we need to help Red feel better.

You guys know you're in my prayers, give me a shout if you need me.

Tried to donate and it said campaign not ready?? Anyone else got this?

Edit: received an email letting me know the problem was fixed. Hope it helps!

Last edited:
Slice, the other thing Red is doing by being so honest with her story (and I don't mean opposite of dishonest, I mean being open, ya know?) is making people aware of what can happen. You guys never know who is going to read about her, and save their own life, or someone they know, because of it.

Both of you are in our prayers, and your boys too.

Thank you!

When I am well, I will be protesting on the steps of IDSA and CDC from accurate lab tests, updated diagnostic criteria and a treatment protocol that actually works.

I am grateful for so much support.

Reactions: 2 people
Donated and Slice you and Red will be in our thoughts. My daughter in law had a similar situation and it only went on for months not years. I would gladly do anything for my wife, and I know you would too. God bless!

Donated and Slice you and Red will be in our thoughts. My daughter in law had a similar situation and it only went on for months not years. I would gladly do anything for my wife, and I know you would too. God bless!

Thanks B.
She's been my best friend since 1986.

Thank you very much!! I am so grateful to have kind people helping me gain my life back.
I hope your daughter in law is doing better now. Even suffering for months with this is unacceptable.

VN Store

Back