Cameron Mayo Arrested

Sad. His daddy, Bill, was a consensus All-American, 4-year starter for the Vols.

Reactions: 4 people
It's so unfortunate. While I don't know what would happen to me in his situation and I don't know what his vice is, I would do anything to have been able to run through the T and Play on that field. Just having been a graduate of Tennessee has always made me want to represent my Alma Mater in a positive manner. Best of luck to him, but everyone is accountable for their actions. Especially at his age.

Reactions: 3 people
What a waste. He deserves whatever punishment he gets. I can't stand a thief. Former Vol or not, people like this need to learn a lesson. Sad and pathetic to see what he has turned into.

my thinking is he probably got addicted to pain killers, but thats not an excuse, good foot in the arse wouldn't hurt

I hope he gets help and turns it around. I have very little tolerance for thieves. But when it's a member of your family, you hate to give up on them. Same goes for VFLs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I hope he does serious time. Vol or not, a thief is a thief.

Not sure why you quoted me. I simply said I hope he gets the help he needs. That doesn't excuse his crimes but he is obviously dealing with some dependency issues. I agree a thief is a thief. I never said otherwise.

I heard an interview with him on Swain about a year ago. Sounds like the demons have returned. He has much larger problems than the theft charges.

Reactions: 1 person
I heard an interview with him on Swain about a year ago. Sounds like the demons have returned. He has much larger problems than the theft charges.

I heard that also. It sounded like he had got those problems under control but I've heard before that once your an addict your always an addict. Really sad

I knew Cam in college, for what its worth, here is his facebook response directly to this new article:
Hello everyone I was hurt while at the Tennessee and became addicted to pain killers there are things in my past I have done that I have taken responsibility for and others I have not done but the fact of the matter is the media doesn't always get the whole story when they report something. I am currently helping others with addiction problems and myself. I was selfish and filled with a lot of guilt and shame because I didn't reach my potential and expectations at UT. My family and friends are amazing people and anyone that would like to know more about me or anything I have been through I am more than glad to discuss it personally. I want to give back to society and show people that there is hope. I pray for acceptance not of society but for whatever arises such as this to accept it I pray for guidance strength and courage and God's will. If I can change one life it's worth it because I don't want anyone to have to go through what I have but one door closes and another opens. So normally I would not even comment but I want to have a voice too and my parents are proud of me for the changes I have made in my life. I can hold my head up and look myself in the mirror today and for today I am clean and sober and have some peace in my life and it is through a certain program and amazing people in my life. If anyone is struggling and reads this there is hope and you don't ever have to use again or go to jail again there is a better life.

VN Store

Back