Tuesday practice 3/31 (4:20pm)

Fingers

Post updates in the thread. I may not be around right when practice ends but will update this first post as soon as time permits.

Austin Price: Former Michigan head coach Brady Hoke is at Tennessee football practice today.

John Brice: Little #Vols football practice video: http://t.co/IfpeDkcWB1

John Brice: #Vols QBs getting some snaps: http://t.co/nygLFuysC3

John Brice: Ex-Michigan coach Brady Hoke checking out #Vols practice: http://t.co/fCULpzxWkk

Still no Coleman Thomas sightings today. Emmanuel Moseley also wasn't on the field during the portion of practice that was open to media.

Malik Foreman: I'm mostly just working at CB right now - not nickel. It's going well so far.

Foreman: I've been the top guy so far in the "Tenne-speed" drills. It's been pretty close between me, Emmanuel Moseley, Alvin Kamara and Pig Howard.
-Callahan.

There were several guests on hand at the Vols' session, including former Michigan coach Brady Hoke. Hoke has ties with numerous Tennessee coaches, including Butch Jones, Mark Elder, Mike DeBord and Hoke coached new G.A. Kevin Koger.
The offense worked more route-running, with Josh Dobbs, Jauan Jennings and Quinten Dormady throwing routes to the corner of the end zone. Marquez North, still limited in green along with Jalen Hurd, had a nice catch in the left corner of the end zone.

Offensive coordinator Mike DeBord and graduate assistant Nick Sheridan worked very closely in the early stages of practice with the Vols' quarterbacks, including a variety of center-quarterback exchanges including shotgun snaps.

-VQ

UTSPORTS:
"Getting into the playbook, its a new system.I'm watching as much film as I can to hit the ground running" @qdormady http://t.co/Rwkc4WBTPB

DORMADY: "Jauan and I are working well together. As a QB, you want to go out and compete. Josh is helping me and pushing me a lot."

DORMADY: " @josh_dobbs1 is extremely smart, he's got feet, he's the total package,helping me with throws, with the mental side of the game."

JONES: I want to start off by officially welcoming Coach Barnes to the Tennessee family.

JONES: Our intensity is being born. Our toughness is being born. Everyday I tell our players they are putting their identity on video.

JONES: I've been very encouraged by @qdormady. His football knowledge. He has a live arm.

JONES: Freshman QBs are swimming, but it comes back to managing situations and never making the same mistake twice.

JONES: We're looking for overall consistency in approach and consistency everyday. Been very encouraged by our QBs.

JONES: @qdormady was hard at work from Day 1 even though he couldn't throw. He was working on the mental side of the game.

JONES: Josh Malone has been working extremely hard. I'm encouraged by his overall growth and maturation.

JONES: Nothing beats live game experience. @ToddKellyJr6 is still learning. He's very mature. I like his approach.

JONES: We had an opportunity to have dinner with Coach Barnes last night. We're very, very excited. He's a great fit.

JONES: I see a lot of growth and development on the OL. We're much stronger as a unit. And we need to keep developing that strength.

JONES: I would define our TE position like the rest of our football team. We are a complete work in progress right now.

JONES: Aaron Medley is as motivated as any player on our football team.

JONES: We are unable to go 11-on-11 because of our depth. We are extremely limited at RB and WR.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 people
Post updates in the thread. I may not be around right when practice ends but will update this first post as soon as time permits.

Austin Price: Former Michigan head coach Brady Hoke is at Tennessee football practice today.

Uh oh

Thats bizzare.

Reactions: 1 person

Looking for a job?

Hoke is a solid dude that demands his players act with class and integrity. Although his stint at UM didn't go well, he was successful at 2 stops before that. He's the type of guy we want hanging around the program.

Reactions: 5 people
From other reports Dobbs has really improved his accuracy and his arm strength and Dormady continues impressing with his arm. If Dobbs has that straightened our offense should be really good.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back