Tickets question

limsol45

I am looking to go to a couple games when I head out east(Florida and Arkansas games). Does anyone know when single game tickets go on sale? I remember I bought tickets around June last year, but I know I didn't buy them as soon as they went on sale.

Also, I am going to Gainsville for the Florida game. Do you buy tickets through Tennessee to get away seats or through Florida?

Reactions: 1 person
June sounds about right. In the past I've bought away tickets through the UT ticket office. Shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Also, I am going to Gainsville for the Florida game. Do you buy tickets through Tennessee to get away seats or through Florida?

The best thing to do is tune your HD TV to the appropriate channel and have the popcorn ready. The Swamp is a trash heap to which I will never return. Once was enough.

Go not there. Ye be warned.

AV

Reactions: 2 people
The best thing to do is tune your HD TV to the appropriate channel and have the popcorn ready. The Swamp is a trash heap to which I will never return. Once was enough.

AV

I agree the Swamp is a giant sh!t hole

Explain...

Have done so on here before, but I'll give a Clift's Notes version:

1993 - Shuler's last year. Friend and I (both UT students) got tix and headed down for the game. We were "lucky" to be in the endzone in a small section of UT fans with gator fans nearby. The main visitors' section was not so fortunate.

Every time a big play happened for Fla, I could hardly see the UT fans on the sideline to my left due to the rain of cups and other trash coming down on them from the upper deck. I've been told by multiple people who were there that piss bombs were included in the barrage.

Cops did ZERO to stop it. Just stood there and watched.

Walking back to car, two 70+ year old orange clad ladies in front of us (minding their business, staring straight ahead) were cussed like sailors by some frat guys in front of their house. Classy.

Place is a landfill. I'll never go back.

AV

If season tkts sell out individual tkts won't be available. This prob won't be the case but it'll be tighter than any recent yrs...Doubt you can get Fla tkts unless you get them thru a donor.

I am looking to go to a couple games when I head out east(Florida and Arkansas games). Does anyone know when single game tickets go on sale? I remember I bought tickets around June last year, but I know I didn't buy them as soon as they went on sale.

Buy the UF tickets. I'm doing the same.

1993 - Shuler's last year. Friend and I (both UT students) got tix and headed down for the game. We were "lucky" to be in the endzone in a small section of UT fans with gator fans nearby. The main visitors' section was not so fortunate.

Every time a big play happened for Fla, I could hardly see the UT fans on the sideline to my left due to the rain of cups and other trash coming down on them from the upper deck. I've been told by multiple people who were there that piss bombs were included in the barrage.

Walking back to car, two 70+ year old orange clad ladies in front of us (minding their business, staring straight ahead) were cussed like sailors by some frat guys in front of their house. Classy.

AV

Reason I asked is I, like the OP, plan on going to the Swamp and it'll be my first time. I've heard it has improved quite a bit, especially since the 90s, but word of mouth from people my age isn't exactly the most reliable.

Explain...

I don't know what his reasons are but I will never go back again either! Went In 1991 and 1993 before our rivalry with them even got nasty and those people are subhuman. I hate everything about those swamp beings because their fans are so redneck, Ill mannered and unsportsmanlike. I can only imagine how it would be now since they finally won something!!

Reason I asked is I, like the OP, plan on going to the Swamp and it'll be my first time. I've heard it has improved quite a bit, especially since the 90s, but word of mouth from people my age isn't exactly the most reliable.

I'm 29. I've been twice during my years as a student ('05 and '07). Some of the experiences shared on here may very well be true, but I feel like they are extreme cases. It's not the best experience, but it's a fun one...especially this year when we win! I'm going back this year.

Go and have a good time. Don't hold back and don't be an idiot.

Buy the UF tickets. I'm doing the same.

I'll be doing the same as well since I don't donate enough to get priority. My mom went to high school with a ticketing rep that works at UF and she said single game tickets go on sale in June (she didn't have an exact date) and there should be plenty of tickets available close to the visiting sections.

I've been to Gainesville in 1985, 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005 and 2007. I never encountered any problem while there. Even tail gated a few times with Gators. Had students offer us beer from their keg one year, 99 if I recall correctly.

AV

Amen brother. Been there and done that. Never again.

I've been to Gainesville in 1985, 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005 and 2007. I never encountered any problem while there. Even tail gated a few times with Gators. Had students offer us beer from their keg one year, 99 if I recall correctly.

I mean no offense, but if you were there in 93 and didn't see what happened, then it was 93 when you visited the keg, and a bit too often, perhaps. :good!:

AV

Looking forward to going down to Gainesville this year. Hope it is a Vol win. Also excited to be in knoxville 7 Saturdays this football season. Brand new season ticket holder!

I was there most of those years as well as '11, '13 and I've never had any issues. We even set up our tailgate tent, take a cab back to the hotel, then back again and never had any problems. If you're not an A$$ it's usually not an issue.

My brother lives in Jacksonville and I am going there to visit him. Wanted to catch a couple of games while visiting the family. I went last year to the Florida game in Knoxville and left with a bad taste in my mouth. I want to drain the swamp again!!!!

Probably a dumb question, but is the Bowling Green game in Nashville considered a home or away game???

I believe we are away. The e-mail sent to Nashville Sports Council members said UT players would be in front of sections 110-114. Titans players normally sit on opposite side. Nashville Sports Council has some excellent tickets in lower side lines and club section for their members on sale now.

AV

Never had a problem there ..ever..13 trips.Same way Tennessee treats them when they come here,BTW

VN Store

Back