CBJ presser today.

As long as he can play and has SEC talent doesnt matter where he plays, but he would look very nice on the OL if he has the talent.

Need some bigger guys on the D-Line. We didn't play one 300+ pound DT regularly all year last year, but this year we could play 3 in KMac, shy, and C. Mos. I think Mixon will play both DT/DE, so I'd look for that to happen as well.

but yet our DTs held up fine. Played too many snaps but they played fine....This scheme doesnt call for two massive DTs in the middle like a 3-4 does. However it will be nice to have a couple of those. For the most part it calls for a big DT and smaller, quicker DT next to him. I hope Charles stays on the DL myself though.

but yet our DTs held up fine. Played too many snaps but they played fine....This scheme doesnt call for two massive DTs in the middle like a 3-4 does. However it will be nice to have a couple of those. For the most part it calls for a big DT and smaller, quicker DT next to him. I hope Charles stays on the DL myself though.

I think we are slowly transitioning to a very big DT line. Shy and KMac are going to be starting sooner than later. Good luck running on that group. I think we want bigger guys on our D-line. We held up fine last year because Jancek is a boss DC/Strip is a great DL coach. Our staff put our DL players in slanted formations. I think we slowly want to get away from doing that. Won't be next year though IMO, however I would like to see Owen be used as the third DT. He's a solid pass rusher, and I think he's best suited as a 3rd down DT. I'd like to see Shy/KMac start beside Danny O., but that's just my opinion.

Reactions: 1 person
We got to have a decent OL to help Dobbs, plus open up the lanes for our Running Backs, a lot of times last year Hurd gained a lot of his yards on his own, with good line play Hurd and AK could be the best one to punch in the SEC.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back