spring preview of UT defense

I'm looking forward to our defense. It may take a couple of games for them to get in sync, but they're gonna be special.

Reactions: 1 person
Curt Maggitt (3rd) and Derek Barnett (T-4th) were the first Vols to finish in the top five in the SEC in sacks since 2005. Parys Haralson (8.5 sacks) and Jason Hall (7) were fourth and eighth in the league in sacks that season.

Uhhhh. So Maggitt and Barnett were the first two to finish top 5 in the same season since 2005, when only one finished in the top 5? I like the article, but that's pretty sloppy.

I assume they meant that no Vol had finished top 5 since 2005, but the phrasing wasn't very clear.

Reactions: 1 person
Uhhhh. So Maggitt and Barnett were the first two to finish top 5 in the same season since 2005, when only one finished in the top 5? I like the article, but that's pretty sloppy.

I assume they meant that no Vol had finished top 5 since 2005, but the phrasing wasn't very clear.

I read that a few times trying to figure out if I was the one who was confused or reading it wrong. Then it also says 35 sacks was the most since 2001 when they had 34. But wait, isn't 35 more than 34? I think I know what they meant, but definitely worded poorly.

We've got 3 walkon offensive linemen that can be used as practice fodder on the DL. I dont see any other workaround for only 5 healthy linemen.

Our defensive backfield is going to be nasty.

VN Store

Back