Are you buying the media hype??

Vols4ever

I bleed ORANGE !!!
Latest fictional SEC brackets... Both Alex Scarborough and Edward Asschoff have Tennessee losing in SEC championship game. How are you guys coping with all the media hype!!! Man can't wait for the season to start

Some of the comments:

Alex Scarborough's SEC football bracket - ESPN

Alex S:

No. 4 Tennessee vs. No. 13 Kentucky: Butch Jones' Vols might be a year away from competing for a national title, but the SEC East is another story. With a slew of talented pass-catchers (Marquez North, Pig Howard, Von Pearson, Josh Malone, Ethan Wolf) and a running back that's a safe bet to reach 1,000 yards (Jalen Hurd), quarterback Josh Dobbs orchestrates an offense that leaves Kentucky feeling dizzy. Winner: Tennessee

No. 4 Tennessee vs. No. 5 Mississippi State: You can't give a team like Tennessee an inch, because when they start believing and gaining confidence in themselves, they're scary. Mississippi State will learn that lesson the hard way as its defense struggles and its quarterback is dinged up early, putting it in a hole it can never quite come out of. Winner: Tennessee

No. 4 Tennessee vs. No. 6 Arkansas: Ground-and-pound works, but only if you have the defense to back it up. And as it turns out, Arkansas doesn't against Tennessee. The Vols jump out to a two-touchdown lead in their home state and the Razorbacks don't have the firepower in the passing game to claw their way back, falling just short of a Cinderella season. Winner: Tennessee

SEC CHAMPIONSHIP

In Atlanta

No. 2 Auburn vs. No. 4 Tennessee: The Tigers have been on the big stage before and the Vols have not, and that's no small matter. So while Tennessee is able to score quickly against Auburn and jump out to another double-digit lead, it's not enough. Jones' offense goes stale in the second half while Gus Malzahn's uptempo attack gets hot, demoralizing the young Vols with a 21-0 run in the fourth quarter to win. Winner: Auburn

Aschoff: Filling out my fictional SEC football brackets - SEC Blog - ESPN

Asschoff:

No. 6 Tennessee vs. No. 11 South Carolina: The Vols are a trendy pick in the SEC East this year, and it makes sense when you realize Tennessee brings back 18 starters. South Carolina was a mess on defense last year and has its own quarterback battle to worry about. The Vols have rising star Josh Dobbs at QB and stud running back Jalen Hurd to lead the offense. The Gamecocks will have flashbacks of that horrendous fourth quarter against the Vols last fall. Winner: Tennessee

No. 3 Alabama vs. No. 6 Tennessee: The Vols haven't beaten Alabama since 2006, but the Tide will have to settle on a quarterback in this game. I'm going with Jake Coker, who will have his hands full with pass-rusher Derek Barnett and one of the SEC's best secondary duos in Brian Randolph and Cameron Sutton. A Dobbs to Marquez North touchdown late is the difference in Tennessee's upset win. Winner: Tennessee

No. 2 Georgia vs. No. 6 Tennessee: A great SEC East rivalry makes it to the Final Four, and Georgia's questions at quarterback remain. This will be the battle of pass-rushers, with Barnett trying to frustrate the Dawgs' backfield, and Georgia's trio of Leonard Floyd, Jordan Jenkins and Lorenzo Carter hunting Dobbs. The Dawgs will get to Dobbs a few times, but having four reliable receivers in the fold will push Tennessee's offense. Dobbs works some fourth-quarter magic to pull another upset. Winner: Tennessee

No. 1 Auburn vs. No. 6 Tennessee: Will time run out on our Creamsicle-colored Cinderella? To this point, Dobbs has been exceptional through the Vols' run, but Auburn's defense is getting more comfortable with Muschamp's scheme and teachings. Running the football will be a major advantage for Auburn with that pace and space. That's where the Tigers put it away. With Robinson and Thomas wearing down Tennessee's line, Johnson makes plays with freak receiver Duke Williams, bringing an SEC title back to the Plains. Winner: Auburn

Reactions: 8 people
tumblr_liqpes24YQ1qacp1m.gif

Reactions: 24 people
Need Ws on the field before we start thinking this highly of this Team...

Reactions: 1 person
For six long years, I've been wishing and praying, not for national championships or even SEC championships, but just to be relevant, to matter again. And here we are. It really feels nice.

In exchange for relevance, I don't mind putting up with some over-the-top hype. :)

Reactions: 12 people
For six long years, I've been wishing and praying, not for national championships or even SEC championships, but just to be relevant, to matter again. And here we are. It really feels nice.

In exchange for relevance, I don't mind putting up with some over-the-top hype. :)

I'm with you. I hated getting up every Saturday and not hearing a word about my beloved Vols but that is about to change. :rock::rock:

Reactions: 8 people
These guys got a lot time on their hands. Have to come up with something to write to get a pay check. I think the Vols will bust their bracket when the beat Auburn. LOL

No such thing as Bad Publicity! :rock:

Well yes I know there is, but not this kind.

Nice to hear those kinds of things. It has been a while, but, for now, I take mine with a couple grains of salt.

GO VOLS!

I don't necessarily buy into that its all hype. I actually think the team could be very, very good this year....and, for the first time in a few years I am not "scared" of any team on the schedule, to include bama. Our guys may not win 'em all....but I see them having a chance and competing in every game and am more excited about Tennessee football as I've been in a while.

Cautiously optimistic. That's the only way I can go. Too much heartache over the last ten years to let my guard down. But I really really like how this team is set up.

Reactions: 2 people
It's just nice to see the media is seeing all the hard work Butch and company are putting into rebuilding our football program. Some of the hype is justified look at the talent we have on the hill.

Here's to 2015!! GBO.

We have the talent to win the East and possibly the SEC. I like our chances because SEC QB play this year is suspect (for now).

I think we deserve some hype but I just don't like the amount we have gotten. As long as the players stay focused then I don't mind, I guess.

Media gives, media takes away. Let's see what we do on the field in September and then get excited.

VN Store

Back