Checkerboard Neyland

jbr82

IMO it would be cool to checkerboard neyland for every home game. Looks great and would get lots of recognition

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure I agree. I think eventually the hype would dwindle and the effort wouldn't quite be the same. If you do it, do it right, and that's exactly what we did vs Florida.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't see how it would be hard. Have the blueprint from FL game and let ppl know before season starts its for every home game.

Hype could dwindle but it will always be noticeable. Which may keep ppl talking. Bc it will be unique

I was @ fl game and it was a beautiful site. It would not get old imo. Cool that fans can not only get loud but decorate the stadium with orange and white checkerboard

It wouldn't be difficult to pull off, but its something you can't just do all the time or it woul lose its luster.

Reactions: 2 people
I think Checker Neyland should become 1 of our great traditions.

I also agree that every home game is too much.

It's important that we fans do everything we can to help get good, free press and help our coaches with recruiting as much as possible.

IMHO we should checker Neyland only 2 or 3 games a year at the most.

The rest of the time it should be all Big Orange.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

I think Checker Neyland should become 1 of our great traditions.

I also agree that every home game is too much.

It's important that we fans do everything we can to help get good, free press and help our coaches with recruiting as much as possible.

IMHO we should checker Neyland only 2 or 3 games a year at the most.

The rest of the time it should be all Big Orange.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Once a year.

Reactions: 4 people
I believe Oregon puts on the tickets what color shirt to wear. If you go back and look at highlights from their games you'll see the fans in yellow, white, green, etc.

I think the checkerboard should be 1 time per year. However, other variations would be cool such as as: half the stadium in orange, the other in white. The sidelines in white and the endzones in orange. Alternating upper an lower decks.

I believe Oregon puts on the tickets what color shirt to wear. If you go back and look at highlights from their games you'll see the fans in yellow, white, green, etc.

I think the checkerboard should be 1 time per year. However, other variations would be cool such as as: half the stadium in orange, the other in white. The sidelines in white and the endzones in orange. Alternating upper an lower decks.

That's a pretty interesting idea imo. Checkerboard every home game might be a little much but this could be cool

It was neat looking, but the fascination with checker boarding, blackouts, white outs etc. is a little much.

As with anything new and novel, it has a chance of making its way into the category of "Tennessee traditions." I hope it does, and that we repeat it once a year or so from here out.

But the one thing it can never again be is surprising and fresh. That, sadly, only gets to happen once for each phenomenon, whether it's running through the T or a beloved player directing the band. Still nice when repeated, but no longer novel.

I do have an idea for the next novelty, though. Was watching & listening to a Pink Floyd concert video, with all their elaborate stadium-sized lighting, and it made me wonder ... how much would it cost to install dual-color floodlights in Neyland, so that a person on staff could dial the lighting down to an "orange-out" shade from time to time. The mood that would create in the stadium could be incredible. Keep it dialed back up to bright white while the game is being played, of course, just bring it down during a certain song pre-game and during half-time, that sort of thing.

Will probably never happen, just thought it would be cool to see, be a part of. :)

IIRC, my Ole Miss ticket to the game last year had the appropriate color posted on the ticket. I don't remember the Rebel fans coordinating colors, though

I think once a year is enough too. The rest of the time everybody needs to be an all orange!

VN Store

Back