Lets checker LP field and teach Vandy a lesson!

Titan&Volfan4life

Lets punch Vanderbilt in the nose on game 1 of next season.

If we can checker LP field it will prove how dedicated our traveling Vols are, how much we support our team, even on the road, and will show everyone that Nashville is NOT a Vandy home town but is really a Big Orange town too.

Doing that will also probably get some good free press to help with our recruiting.

Any team can probably do something like that at their home stadium but I doubt that hardly anyone can do it on the road like we can.

Somebody please get this organised so we can buTch slap Vandy at LP field.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 7 people
Better idea: Let's stop worrying about our little sisters to the west. They got their licks in (okay, twice), and now all is right with the world because they're right back to where they belong......being UT's b***h.

Reactions: 14 people
Nashville will always be orange. We know it, they know it, hell the whole world knows it. We don't need to do anything to prove that point.

I'm normally respectful of other schools but I think it would have been funny to just fill their stadium and boo their spring game. I mean they'll only have a couple hundred spectators anyway.

Last edited:
I can't wait till we no longer think/worry about Vandy again...

Or "fan performance" being better coordinated than the product on the field...

Hopefully...SOON...

Reactions: 3 people
It seems that most of you missed the main point unfortunately.

It's not about worrying about Vandy or anything like that.

It's about helping our Team get free press which can help our recruiting.

buTch does everything he can think of to keep Tennessee in the news as much as possible in a positive way.

If we checker LP field in Vandys hometown it's a punch in their nose and proves how well Vol Nation travels and how much we support our fans and that could get Tennessee more good free press.

It would look really good to recruits to see a NFL stadium checkered in Orange and White and many kids we're trying to recruit would love that.

Reactions: 2 people
I think it's a nice sentiment, Titan, but I personally think the checkered stands and Neyland go together. I wouldn't want to see one without the other. That's just me. :happy:

I do love Tums' idea (modified) of invading Vandy's spring game, though...I wouldn't want to boo them, we're classier than that (*looks suspiciously at Doyle*) ... but just sit there in orange shirts, watching them. It would be a sign of respect, along the lines of, "hey, we know you guys suck, and you guys know you guys suck, but we at least came out to see you ... have some orange!" :)

Reactions: 1 person
It seems that most of you missed the main point unfortunately.

It's not about worrying about Vandy or anything like that.

It's about helping our Team get free press which can help our recruiting.

buTch does everything he can think of to keep Tennessee in the news as much as possible in a positive way.

If we checker LP field in Vandys hometown it's a punch in their nose and proves how well Vol Nation travels and how much we support our fans and that could get Tennessee more good free press.

It would look really good to recruits to see a NFL stadium checkered in Orange and White and many kids we're trying to recruit would love that.

I think you're missing the point which is STOP FOCUSSING ON VANDY!

UT needs to set its sights on Bama, UGA, etc....not Vandy.

Checkering LP Field won't do anything for recruiting because we're playing Bowling Green. The only way that game gets any media attention is if UT loses or squeaks out a W. Those are games you win and move on.

Reactions: 4 people
Lets punch Vanderbilt in the nose on game 1 of next season.

If we can checker LP field it will prove how dedicated our traveling Vols are, how much we support our team, even on the road, and will show everyone that Nashville is NOT a Vandy home town but is really a Big Orange town too.

Doing that will also probably get some good free press to help with our recruiting.

Any team can probably do something like that at their home stadium but I doubt that hardly anyone can do it on the road like we can.

Somebody please get this organised so we can buTch slap Vandy at LP field.

You lost me at Titan&Volfan4life. I know some can but I will never mix the two. Whether you can admit it or not in your mind it is about Vandy. Time to move on.

What if we go watch the game at LP field, and then go over to Vandy and checker their stadium for the Vandy-WKU throttling. Their whole stadium would be orange, white, and red.

I'm all about checkering Neyland for the OU game. Although being able to checker a "neutral" site would be great press.

I think it's a nice sentiment, Titan, but I personally think the checkered stands and Neyland go together. I wouldn't want to see one without the other. That's just me. :happy:

I do love Tums' idea (modified) of invading Vandy's spring game, though...I wouldn't want to boo them, we're classier than that (*looks suspiciously at Doyle*) ... but just sit there in orange shirts, watching them. It would be a sign of respect, along the lines of, "hey, we know you guys suck, and you guys know you guys suck, but we at least came out to see you ... have some orange!" :)

I piss class and excellence.

it will be a bad enough for them when Nashville is invaded with Big Orange down at LP and throughout the city while they are getting whipped by WKU that same day in front of a couple dozen fans at their home stadium.

VN Store

Back