Thank You Volnation!

PeytonBerry

Guys,

A lot of you know I do artwork inspired by all things Tennessee. I've been on volnation since 2010, and shortly after joining, I saw some guys post their digital Tennessee themed art here. I was inspired to take a stab at Neyland Stadium (with no real intention of ever selling prints).

The support was incredible, and there was enough interest in the piece that I decided to have a few prints made. After that, the UT bookstore picked it up, and the rest is history. I got to meet Pat Summitt (who signed all her prints) and was able to help support her foundation. I also completed my Rocky Top Print, and right now, I'm working on a top secret project (see below) :thumbsup:

What you may not know is that my wife and I were both in school, unemployed, and trying to figure out how to take care of our first child when I did the Neyland print. The Lord blessed us so much during at that time, and believe it or not, what started on volnation.com got my family through a really challenging period of our lives. I've since met many of you delivering prints or meeting up a football games, and I just can't thank Freak enough for building a community of such great (albeit crazy) fans.

I just completed a new website Tennessee Prints and would love to share it with you. Consider coupon code "volnation10" as a small token of my gratitude to you guys. Thanks and GO VOLS!

PB

P.S. After many requests to do a Rod Wilkes portrait, I could never find art supplies durable enough to display his god-like stature. Apologies for my artistic failures.

Tennessee Prints

IMG_1475.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 26 people
That's a major talent. The organization where I'm employed has a "Hall of Honor" and has framed, pencil-drawn portraits of major benefactors. If I'm not mistaken, I believe we pay about $5,000 per portrait.

That's a major talent. The organization where I'm employed has a "Hall of Honor" and has framed, pencil-drawn portraits of major benefactors. If I'm not mistaken, I believe we pay about $5,000 per portrait.

That's awesome. I donated the original Pat Summitt portrait, and it auctioned for that amount. Portraiture was my first love!

WOW!!!

You have some serious talent my friend!

I wish I could afford to buy some of your outstanding work.

I'm very happy that you're now working but NEVER stop using your God given artistic talents.

I wish you and your family all the best.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

WOW!!!

You have some serious talent my friend!

I wish I could afford to buy some of your outstanding work.

I'm very happy that you're now working but NEVER stop using your God given artistic talents.

I wish you and your family all the best.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Thanks Titan!

Guys,

A lot of you know I do artwork inspired by all things Tennessee. I've been on volnation since 2010, and shortly after joining, I saw some guys post their digital Tennessee themed art here. I was inspired to take a stab at Neyland Stadium (with no real intention of ever selling prints).

The support was incredible, and there was enough interest in the piece that I decided to have a few prints made. After that, the UT bookstore picked it up, and the rest is history. I got to meet Pat Summitt (who signed all her prints) and was able to help support her foundation. I also completed my Rocky Top Print, and right now, I'm working on a top secret project (see below) :thumbsup:

What you may not know is that my wife and I were both in school, unemployed, and trying to figure out how to take care of our first child when I did the Neyland print. The Lord blessed us so much during at that time, and believe it or not, what started on volnation.com got my family through a really challenging period of our lives. I've since met many of you delivering prints or meeting up a football games, and I just can't thank Freak enough for building a community of such great (albeit crazy) fans.

I just completed a new website and would love to share it with you. Consider coupon code "volnation10" as a small token of my gratitude to you guys. Thanks and GO VOLS!

PB

P.S. After many requests to do a Rod Wilkes portrait, I could never find art supplies durable enough to display his god-like stature. Apologies for my artistic failures.

Tennessee Prints

View attachment 91988

Lol

I would like permission to "steal" one for use as background on my personal desktop PC. I guess permission means it isn't stolen, but I'm one of the few that doesn't take photos or art work without asking.

Reactions: 1 person
What a wonderful talent to have. Great job!
A little advice here. When sitting in boring meetings at work, don't make the mistake of drawing charicatures of your bosses. Yikes!

I would like permission to "steal" one for use as background on my personal desktop PC. I guess permission means it isn't stolen, but I'm one of the few that doesn't take photos or art work without asking.

By all means OBB, feel free to grab from Tennessee Prints and use as a desktop background, and thanks for asking.

A fellow artist I know, Chris Rowe, does a lot of nice photographs, and he found his photos for sale in the UT Bookstore from another supplier out of China! The Bookstore found out and took appropriate action, but you wouldn't believe what some folks will do.

I remember when you started asking about those prints. I remember the threads. That's awesome that it has taken you this far. Good luck going forward. :hi:

Amazing work OP. Glad you can benefit from the talent God gave you.I'm sure doors will continue to be opened for you.

Thanks, it really was a great blessing at the time.

Now, it's more of a side-gig we use to chip away at student loans. It's a bit of a release for me, and a fun way to stay connected to the program.

Hey PB, what medium did you use for the Pat Summitt portrait? I forwarded your information to our Foundation Director to keep in her files for our Hall of Honor, in case our current artist decides to retire. She said that, while I've always assumed they were done with pencil, they are done with watercolors.

Guys,

I just completed a new website Tennessee Prints and would love to share it with you. Consider coupon code "volnation10" as a small token of my gratitude to you guys. Thanks and GO VOLS!

PB

Tennessee Prints

View attachment 91988

Gret story, PB. When I click on Tennessee Prints, Internet Explorer says it cannot connect me. Pls advise....

Hey PB, what medium did you use for the Pat Summitt portrait? I forwarded your information to our Foundation Director to keep in her files for our Hall of Honor, in case our current artist decides to retire. She said that, while I've always assumed they were done with pencil, they are done with watercolors.

It's a really dark graphite (2B) on archival board, but I can do other mediums. Thanks!

Gret story, PB. When I click on Tennessee Prints, Internet Explorer says it cannot connect me. Pls advise....

That's odd, it appears to work on my end. Alternately, you can try tennesseeprints.squarespace.com and it should take you to the same place.

That's odd, it appears to work on my end. Alternately, you can try tennesseeprints.squarespace.com and it should take you to the same place.

Thanks. Got it. Awesome work!!! I'll be in touch.... Please keep this up as this a great service to VOL NATION. Have you considered renditions of famous past plays from photo archives such as Bill Majors, Charley Severance, and Wayne Grubbs' stop of Billy Cannon's two-point conversion attempt that preserved the Vols upset of No. 1 ranked L.S.U the first Saturday in November, 1959? Sports Illustrated has a great close-up of that play in their archives along with many others through the years. I was down on the field that afternoon and will never forget it. One of my many "favorites". Having been involved in sales and marketing my entire adult working life, including owning my own company for many years, I think there would be a large niche for such. Just a thought.... Great stuff, PB. We're lucky to have you. Best of luck to you and your family, my friend.

VN Store

Back