spring preview of UT offense, by position

Thanks for linking these, Kamoshika. Most of the write-ups are pretty obvious stuff to folks who follow the Vols, but I really enjoyed the piece on the OLine, it was well done.

Nice takes, Kamoshika; particularly with the WRs and OL. Once it became evident that Dontavius Blair wasn't up to the task last season, UT's OL was pretty much destined to struggle...and opposing DCs knew it. Everybody opened up the flood gates. LT is THE most important spot for pass protection. If Blair's anywhere near the beast he was supposed to be last year, then this OL, with excellent experience and the proper players lining up in their appropriate positions, then UT's OL is going to cause headaches (instead of happy dances) for those same DCs. Let's just hope these pieces all come together. If these young men can put it together, then an offensive juggernaut is going to explode in big orange country.

Nice takes, Kamoshika; particularly with the WRs and OL. Once it became evident that Dontavius Blair wasn't up to the task last season, UT's OL was pretty much destined to struggle...and opposing DCs knew it. Everybody opened up the flood gates. LT is THE most important spot for pass protection. If Blair's anywhere near the beast he was supposed to be last year, then this OL, with excellent experience and the proper players lining up in their appropriate positions, then UT's OL is going to cause headaches (instead of happy dances) for those same DCs. Let's just hope these pieces all come together. If these young men can put it together, then an offensive juggernaut is going to explode in big orange country.

Blair will never be a beast. Hoping for adequent at this point.

Reactions: 1 person
How will the injuries affect us? I've been out for a while now. Will Hurd & North be Back before the season starts? I just hope we can get all of our defensive players back before the season.

Blair is in much better shape and now knows the offense which should make him much quicker. After a year of S&C, he should be much stronger as well. He will surprise some people this year...pleasantly surprise them!

Blair is in much better shape and now knows the offense which should make him much quicker. After a year of S&C, he should be much stronger as well. He will surprise some people this year...pleasantly surprise them!

Bob "Check My Stats" Mueller is saying that he is 3rd on the depth chart behind Jones and Thomas. If so, Butch is either trying to light a fire under his ass, and it is a coaching moment, or Blair is a complete waste of space.

I'm really hoping it is the former, and Butch is just trying to push him to become even better. But if not, we're not in good shape at tackle.

This team goes where the offensive line takes them. Our skill position players are there to make a big impact at QB, RB, WR, and TE.

VN Store

Back