Thoughts?

LT- Marcus Jackson (moved from LG) 6-2- 306
LG- Charles Mosely 6'5- 370
C-Mack Crowder 6'2 - 295
RG-Jashon Robertson 6'3- 304
RT- Dontavius Blair 6'8 - 300

I think this group gives up less than 15 sacks

Thoughts?

I don't see anyway Jackson moves out to LT....I think we're trying to limit/eliminate players playing out of position given the disaster of last year. I've actually heard that Kerbyson is working exclusively at LT this offseason which is discouraging enough imo. Here is RTI/Daniel Lewis' take on the OL....

"2. Offensive tackle: Really you could throw the whole offensive line into a competition as the Vols look to upgrade their weakest spot from 2014. But finding answers at tackle, in particular, will be key. Kyler Kerbyson told us recently that he’s been working almost exclusively at left tackle like he did at the end of last year, so if that remains the case, that right tackle position could be the main one up for grabs and look for players such as Dontavius Blair, Coleman Thomas, Brett Kendrick and Jack Jones to battle for time there."

Reactions: 8 people
i think if Jackson was going out to tackle it would have happened last year. and mosely will not be in the starting line up

C-Mack Crowder 6'2 - 295

Thoughts?

Jackson is 6'2" man lol he isn't playing LT. Most likely Kerbs plays LT and Blair plays RT with Kendrick and Richmond being the backups.

Reactions: 4 people
Vol's need more Hog's up front.....mean one's too!
It's what's up front that count's? Yes, size matters, especially with the Oline

Jackson is 6'2" man lol he isn't playing LT. Most likely Kerbs plays LT and Blair plays RT with Kendrick and Richmond being the backups.

Dont LOL to loud as thats 247 predictions for the starting 5 including Jackson. Jackson got a high leap. He's the man.:rock:

Dont LOL to loud as thats 247 predictions for the starting 5 including Jackson. Jackson got a high leap. He's the man.:rock:

Well, 247 has a bunch of morons then if they truly believe we are moving our RS SR LG, who was an all-SEC freshman LG, to LT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 people
C-Mack Crowder 6'2 - 295

Thoughts?

Mosley will be lucky to get snaps other than mop up time. Next year is his year.

Reactions: 2 people
C-Mack Crowder 6'2 - 295

Thoughts?

BTW - your avi is beyond disturbing. And quite dumb IMO.

Reactions: 3 people

If true then 247 got snowed in too much...nothing in Jackson's history indicates capability to handle the blindside. This is something that only happens if Spurrier gets drunk at SEC Media Days and plows his golf cart into our gathered OL. :loco:

Reactions: 3 people
Why are people discounting Robertson holding onto his RG spot. Kid is only gonna get better from last year. IMHO, somebody's gonna have to really be outstanding to unseat him.

Reactions: 5 people
Why are people discounting Robertson holding onto his RG spot. Kid is only gonna get better from last year. IMHO, somebody's gonna have to really be outstanding to unseat him.

For me, I like seeing the 3 seniors in the middle (Jackson, crowder, Kerbyson). I could see the coaches trying to redshirt guys like Thomas and Robertson how weren't completely ready for SEC play last year. Don't get me wrong, Robertson had a tremendous year last year as a true freshman, but there were definitely times he was exposed by stronger DLs.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm listing:

LT -- Kerbyson // Richmond
LG -- Jackson // Wiesman
C -- Crowder // Thomas
RG -- Robertson // Jones
RT -- Blair // Kendrick

Having said that, there are serious questions that will have to be answered in spring and summer ... most important of those questions, how well do those starting five meld as a unit? OLine has to be a five-tentacle monster that moves as if controlled by a single brain. That rarely seemed the case last year, and we paid for it. Hoping addition of Coach DeBord and another year of Coach Mahoney working with them gets the squad much further down the road this fall.

Reactions: 7 people
For me, I like seeing the 3 seniors in the middle (Jackson, crowder, Kerbyson). I could see the coaches trying to redshirt guys like Thomas and Robertson how weren't completely ready for SEC play last year. Don't get me wrong, Robertson had a tremendous year last year as a true freshman, but there were definitely times he was exposed by stronger DLs.

But by most accounts he was arguably our strongest interior lineman last year....and that was after showing up in July or August, without the benefit of Spring/offseason workouts.

Also, for the sake of continuity which is of utmost importance when developing an OL, I would think he would have the inside track since he started all 13 games last year....I would think his ability to build off the communication and coordination he began and cultivated with Crowder and Jackson would also give him a leg up. Just my 2 cents of course, should be very interested to watch it all play out.

I'm listing:

LT -- Kerbyson // Richmond
LG -- Jackson // Wiesman
C -- Crowder // Thomas
RG -- Robertson // Jones
RT -- Blair // Kendrick

Having said that, there are serious questions that will have to be answered in spring and summer ... most important of those questions, how well do those starting five meld as a unit? OLine has to be a five-tentacle monster that moves as if controlled by a single brain. That rarely seemed the case last year, and we paid for it. Hoping addition of Coach DeBord and another year of Coach Mahoney working with them gets the squad much further down the road this fall.

That looks like the best and most likely lineup imo. I'm still hoping that someone other than Kerbyson (preferably Blair, Kendrick or Richmond) grabs hold of that LT spot, but it appears at this point it's not likely to happen.

This is the one I wish for but for some reason butch is dead set on playing kyler at LT

Kerbyson at Tackle is a disaster and everyone knows it. My brain says youre right and his experience there last year will hold true, but I just feel like Blair, Richmond, and jones are all way too talented for none of them to play significantly next year. Kerbs needs to be inside.

We gave up 43 sacks last year. If we can get that down to 30 I'll be impressed. Maybe we can get some push too, it'd be nice to see us be able to run up the middle and gain positive yards for a change.

LT- Blair / Richmond
LG- Jackson / Weisman
C- Crowder / Thomas
RG- Robertson / Sanders OR Raulerson
RT- Kerbyson / Jones

Kerbyson will be a starter at one of the tackle positions going into the season, at least for the beginning of the season unless Richmond or Jones can't be denied during fall camp. I see Sanders, Raulerson, and Thomas getting significant PT throughout the season, too.

I don't see anyway Robertson gets a RS this year. Another year in the weight room and I fully expect him to be a pure road gratter this year.

VN Store

Back