Spurrier takes a shot at Vols

peyton4heisman

Senior Lurker New Member
Hutton on 104.5 just said in an interview today CSS said 7-6 wasn't a great year for SC last year. Then said "unless you are in Knoxville where they do cartwheels for 7-6."

Lol gotta love the ole dog

Reactions: 26 people
Love the Ol Ballsack....he's lost too much off his fastball to get upset at him anymore....that and he's not kicking our teeth in anymore on annual basis. He does keep things interesting.

Reactions: 35 people
when he wins something substantial at a school that isnt the easiest on earth to recruit to and do well at then get back with me...when the going gets rough, Coach Spurrier gets mighty average

Reactions: 8 people
when he wins something substantial at a school that isnt the easiest on earth to recruit to and do well at then get back with me...when the going gets rough, Coach Spurrier gets mighty average

I understand your point to a degree, but....he did reel off 3 straight 11 wins seasons 2011-13 at freakin' SCar. Nothing to sneeze at imo.

Reactions: 15 people

Two years ago he ended the year ranked in the top five. When was the last time we did that?

Reactions: 5 people
To me for some reason, Spurrier's jabs at the Vols don't deliver quite the same sting as the chickens head coach then they did when he was at florida. Comments like the OP posted just make me chuckle.

Reactions: 4 people
Really, Let him say what he wants. Being out coached the last 2 games must smart, he will probably re-great that statement come this fall.

Reactions: 3 people
Love the Ol Ballsack....he's lost too much off his fastball to get upset at him anymore....that and he's not kicking our teeth in anymore on annual basis. He does keep things interesting.

Ditto. Really bugged me in the 90's. Now I just get a kick outta my Vols making him throw his visor.

Reactions: 2 people
Spurriers zingers were sorta funny when he was winning at a high rate now there just sad.

Two years ago he ended the year ranked in the top five. When was the last time we did that?

He also lost to the Vols with that "top 5" team.....
Truth is he'd give his right arm to trade teams with Butch this yr...

Last edited:
Butch Jones owes the fact that his house isn't for sale to Spurrier. Take away the two SCAR games and ish would have gotten ugly.

Butch Jones owes the fact that his house isn't for sale to Spurrier. Take away the two SCAR games and ish would have gotten ugly.

As easily as Butch "won" those two vs Spurrier, he lost a couple vs uga the same way, plus one to Vandy. The door has to open in both directions buddy.

Last vol fans heard from SOS he was running off the stage in tears after Dobbs and Co. worked their magic!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back