Tennessee and Pitt to meet in home and home

Solid matchup against a team in a state that produces quite a bit of talent. I like it.

Pitt is a middle of the road team that Tennessee should sweep if the team is good then

Too bad it is years away. Pitt's QB is from Cleveland HS (TN). That would make an interesting homecoming for Chad Voytik.

(1) Great matchup of storied programs...I remember back in the 80s, when both Pitt and Penn State were still Independents, that their annual matchup helped decide the national picture. Those two teams were perennially up in the Top 25 rankings. Add the Johnny Majors angle, and this is a really cool series.

(2) Our scheduling this game now all but guarantees that Pittsburgh football has bright years ahead ... 7 years from now, they'll be coming off a 13-1 season and we'll all be asking why in the H*&L Tennessee ever scheduled such a difficult OOC opponent. :)

Reactions: 8 people
IMG_3348.JPG

Pitt gives local businesses thousands of free tickets to get people to come...no one does. I hope we have 50k to travel north or it will be a pretty boring environment.

Reactions: 2 people
IMG_3348.JPG

Pitt gives local businesses thousands of free tickets to get people to come...no one does. I hope we have 50k to travel north or it will be a pretty boring environment.

Most schools in big cities that have an NFL franchise struggle to fill up their stadiums.....Miami, Georgia Tech, Minnesota

Reactions: 1 person
IMG_3348.JPG

This gives me hope for cheap tix to the game then.

(1) Great matchup of storied programs...I remember back in the 80s, when both Pitt and Penn State were still Independents, that their annual matchup helped decide the national picture. Those two teams were perennially up in the Top 25 rankings. Add the Johnny Majors angle, and this is a really cool series.

(2) Our scheduling this game now all but guarantees that Pittsburgh football has bright years ahead ... 7 years from now, they'll be coming off a 13-1 season and we'll all be asking why in the H*&L Tennessee ever scheduled such a difficult OOC opponent. :)

That's the way our luck seems to run.

Yes because playing in the SEC isn't hard enough as it is. I agree that a series with Clemson would be cool but the thing Butch is doing well is getting us into NFL stadiums and big stages. I mean LP field in 2015, Atlanta Stadium in 2017 (GT) and Panthers stadium in 2018 (WVU). Also Bristol in 2016. I would want a home and home with clemson or Michigan

Would rather play Penn State and beat Franklin's ass. Not a bad h&h, but it doesn't excite me too much either.

VN Store

Back