5 Positions Where the Vols Are Stacked

It's bad but I'd almost wish away 5 months of my life for it to be august already! Come on Football time!

Reactions: 5 people
Wow, I wouldn't have even thought for a second about an offensive lineman position being on that list. Thought running back would have been on there before that. Or even Kicker/Punter.

Reactions: 1 person
The only defensive positions they didn't mention were CB and DT of which we should be pretty good at! Man this Defense could be GOOD!!!

The only defensive positions they didn't mention were CB and DT of which we should be pretty good at! Man this Defense could be GOOD!!!

People forget about him....

But I'm ready for Gaulden to start busting heads. Dude was an absolute monster in high school. Year in the S&C program? Watch out. Gavin Bryant too.

Reactions: 4 people
People forget about him....

But I'm ready for Gaulden to start busting heads. Dude was an absolute monster in high school. Year in the S&C program? Watch out. Gavin Bryant too.

Where do u see him playing S,CB or Nickel?
I'd like to see him at Safety. That way in '16 we'd already have our guys in him and TKjr.

Thank God we finally have some depth at several positions.

Even better is that the depth is high quality, very talented depth.

At some positions buTch may have 2 starters or a 1 A and a 1 B and to keep them happy he might even have to get the guys to take turns as the starter to keep their egos in check.

Even the 3rd guy in certain positions may not be far behind on talent.

We're still very young and lack real game experience but they'll learn to grow up fast playing against top talent like we play most games.

Our future is very bright and if we can bring in another top 5 recruiting class our future could become so bright it's flatout blinding.

Better quality rotation also means our guys won't get so tired so fast so that in the 2nd half we'll still be fresher and playing much better especially on the D side of the ball.

I still believe our Big Orange Bonecruncher D can become a top 10 D next season.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Surprised more people aren't talking about Cortez McDowell, he showed me a lot on special teams, if he can add 10 lbs and bulk up to 225, he will add some depth to the outside backer position. He might be our fastest LB.

Surprised more people aren't talking about Cortez McDowell, he showed me a lot on special teams, if he can add 10 lbs and bulk up to 225, he will add some depth to the outside backer position. He might be our fastest LB.

Agreed. Cortez was everywhere on special teams. Watching him develop over the next few years is going to be fun.

Screw elite position groups, we need an elite team overall. It won't be long until that comes true, soon my friends, soon!

Im gonna go wait and see on guards and WR's

There is potential at the Guard position.. Wouldn't say we are stacked there as well.

WR is where we are stacked. So not understanding where you question that ?

Established Play makers on the Outside with North , Croom , and Pearson. Established Play makers at the slot position with Pig , Johnson , and Smith.

Malone has some work to do, but he has the potential..

Also one of the more impressive incoming freshman receivers that I have seen a quite awhile in Preston Williams.

I've said I think our offense will give people fits, but I think our defense will also.

I've said I think our offense will give people fits, but I think our defense will also.

Our offense is going to be interesting.. We will be multiple.

By the end of the year. Our Defense should surpass the o

If Justin Martin can step right in and lock down opposite of Cam Sutton. This defense will be one of the best groups in the Nation. Emmanual also has the ability to step up there as well. Gaulden will come in to take over the Nickel spot. Safety is stacked at the moment.

The DT's we have coming in... Kahlil is a shoe in for start day one IMO.. So between the existing players on roster Williams / O Brien / Saulsberry and Tuttle / Picou. We have a solid rotation there.

The DE - Barnett / Maggitt . Elite. Vereen and Lewis are good back ups.. IMO Kyle Phillips will be a force. I see us Redshirting Derrel Taylor (who is very impressive athlete) and maybe Butcher.

LB - Absolutely stacked at this position. Soooo much talent there. Just going to have wait and see who takes over the MLB position. Hopefully JRM can make the move inside or bring Maggitt back. Bates is also fully capable. IMO with all the outside talent at Linebacker, JRM can be moved inside. He just needs to bulk up. Expect big things from Weatherd and Mcdowell. Look out for Gavin Bryant as well. Think we red shirt Austin Smith and Sapp. Kirkland is a wait and see.. Very impressive athlete as well.

I expect our offense to be very good this year but imo our D could truly be special. We havent had talent and depth like this in many years.

Our offense is going to be interesting.. We will be multiple.

By the end of the year. Our Defense should surpass the o

If Justin Martin can step right in and lock down opposite of Cam Sutton. This defense will be one of the best groups in the Nation. Emmanual also has the ability to step up there as well. Gaulden will come in to take over the Nickel spot. Safety is stacked at the moment.

The DT's we have coming in... Kahlil is a shoe in for start day one IMO.. So between the existing players on roster Williams / O Brien / Saulsberry and Tuttle / Picou. We have a solid rotation there.

The DE - Barnett / Maggitt . Elite. Vereen and Lewis are good back ups.. IMO Kyle Phillips will be a force. I see us Redshirting Derrel Taylor (who is very impressive athlete) and maybe Butcher.

LB - Absolutely stacked at this position. Soooo much talent there. Just going to have wait and see who takes over the MLB position. Hopefully JRM can make the move inside or bring Maggitt back. Bates is also fully capable. IMO with all the outside talent at Linebacker, JRM can be moved inside. He just needs to bulk up. Expect big things from Weatherd and Mcdowell. Look out for Gavin Bryant as well. Think we red shirt Austin Smith and Sapp. Kirkland is a wait and see.. Very impressive athlete as well.

I think our defense starts the season as the stronger of the 2 units.....our defense can be special if KMac and Shy show up as advertised and strongly contribute to strengthening our front 7. The only other hole defensively is mlb and we have talented options there. IMHO, it may take a few games before our offense, particularly our OL of course, jells under DeBord. The talent is certainly there, how long before the execution follows?

VN Store

Back