2015 Toughest Schedules

Well, not a surprise...really. Gonna be another slobber-knocker season. Can't wait! :dance2: :superman:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
As usual Bama is rated with the #1 schedule with 4 give me games, nothing like talking out both sides of your mouth Saben.

9/5 – Wisconsin (Arlington, TX)

9/12 – Middle Tennessee

9/19 – Ole Miss
9/26 – Louisiana-Monroe
10/3 – @Georgia
10/10 – Arkansas
10/17 – @Texas A&M
10/24 – Tennessee
11/7 – LSU
11/14 – @Mississippi State
11/21 – Charleston Southern
11/28 – @Auburn

Well, not a surprise...really. Gonna be another slobber-knocker season. Can't wait! :dance2: :superman:

GO VOLS!

Haha, slobber-knocker hadn't hear that in a while! Used that all the time when I was younger. I think I need to have it make a come back.

Considering for Florida's schedule, this article simply lumped us in with Kentucky as "both beatable" without even differentiating between us, I'm not exactly sure how credible I now consider that website. I'm not arguing with the statement, Florida could very well beat us, it just seems lazy considering the different places UK and UT are.

As usual Bama is rated with the #1 schedule with 4 give me games, nothing like talking out both sides of your mouth Saben.

9/5 – Wisconsin (Arlington, TX)

9/12 – Middle Tennessee

9/19 – Ole Miss
9/26 – Louisiana-Monroe
10/3 – @Georgia
10/10 – Arkansas
10/17 – @Texas A&M
10/24 – Tennessee
11/7 – LSU
11/14 – @Mississippi State
11/21 – Charleston Southern
11/28 – @Auburn

You're putting Wisconsin in the same company as UL-Monroe, MTSU and Charleston Southern? :blink:

Reactions: 24 people
The author of this article is without a doubt the stupidest human being on the planet. And absolutely has no clue what so ever about college football. To have bama rated as the #1 and they're playing 3 extremely easy games at home, shows just how dumb he/she is.

The author of this article is without a doubt the stupidest human being on the planet. And absolutely has no clue what so ever about college football.

To have bama rated as the #1 and they're playing 3 extremely easy games at home, shows just how dumb he/she is.

As if playing UGA, TAMU, MSU and AU on the road is easier than playing MTSU, ULM and Charleston at home?

That doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Wisconsin will probably be a top 15-20 team by the end of the season (and maybe before the season even starts).

Reactions: 1 person
the guy who wrote this article and came up with these rankings clearly went to an ACC school and Bama has virtually the same strength of schedule we do.... stupid.

Reactions: 1 person
You're putting Wisconsin in the same company as UL-Monroe, MTSU and Charleston Southern? :blink:

Exactly. Wisconsin is very good non conference opponent. They scheduled 1 good opponent and 3 patsies, just like we did, just like most sec teams other than Vandy does. Plus, Bama plays in the freakin SEC West and they get Georgia from the East to boot. Nothing to see here.

Reactions: 4 people
The guy who wrote this does not give UT much credit. The teams on this list that have UT scheduled do not have us listed as a tough game. Then he lists UK on the road as being a tough game for us? I think the only thing he looks at is last year's record.

We also get to end the season with Vanderbilt every year, which is kinda like having another OOC game :birgits_giggle:

It does seem like someone is reaching a bit doesn't it?

I guess that means Oklahoma is one of our cupcakes.

I know right?

I don't know that Bama's schedule is the toughest out there, but they play in the West, pick up UGA from the East and get Wisconsin OOC.

Not exactly Cupcake City...

Objectively, every SEC-West team should probably fill positions 1-7 on this chart ... because they will all quite possibly start the season ranked, and all have to play each of their division mates. That's automatically 6 ranked opponents, which should be rare outside the SEC.

From there, add seventh and eighth ranked opponents for the SEC-West teams who play Georgia, Tennessee, and/or Missouri (the three SEC-E teams most likely to be ranked). That means Alabama (GA & TN) and Arkansas (TN & MO) should objectively have the #1 and #2 toughest schedules in 2015, at least as the season opens. If Wisconsin (for Alabama) or Texas Tech (for Arkansas) start the year in the Top 25, one or both of those teams could have nine ranked foes in the regular season ... a "privilege" that no other teams in the country should be able to touch.

So I agree with Alabama at the top, but contend that objectively, the SEC should've been even more prominent in the list. I say that understanding that the writer would be derided as an "SEC Homer" if he did.

NOTE: For comparison, Vols will likely have 4 to 6 ranked foes in 2015 ... certainly Bama, Georgia and Arkansas, and then one or more of Mizzou, Oklahoma, and (outside chance) Florida.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Objectively, every SEC-West team should probably fill positions 1-7 on this chart ... because they will all quite possibly start the season ranked, and all have to play each of their division mates. That's automatically 6 ranked opponents, which should be rare outside the SEC.

From there, add seventh and eighth ranked opponents for the SEC-West teams who play Georgia, Tennessee, and/or Missouri (the three SEC-E teams most likely to be ranked). That means Alabama (GA & TN) and Arkansas (TN & MO) should objectively have the #1 and #2 toughest schedules in 2015, at least as the season opens. If Wisconsin (for Alabama) or Texas Tech (for Arkansas) start the year in the Top 25, one or both of those teams could have nine ranked foes in the regular season ... a "privilege" that no other teams in the country should be able to touch.

So I agree with Alabama at the top, but contend that objectively, the SEC should've been even more prominent in the list. I say that understanding that he'd be derided as an "SEC Homer" if he did.

NOTE: For comparison, Vols will likely have 4 to 6 ranked foes in 2015 ... certainly Bama, Georgia and Arkansas, and then one or more of Mizzou, Oklahoma, and (outside chance) Florida.

Quality post.

So I agree with Alabama at the top, but contend that objectively, the SEC should've been even more prominent in the list. I say that understanding that the writer would be derided as an "SEC Homer" if he did.

Well done. I respect and appreciate posters on here who 1) pull like hell for Tennessee and 2) don't let their UT fandom cloud their ability to objectively use fact and evidence when assessing subjects and situations, especially where other teams/rivals are concerned.

Post more often 82.

Reactions: 8 people
Exactly. Wisconsin is very good non conference opponent. They scheduled 1 good opponent and 3 patsies, just like we did, just like most sec teams other than Vandy does. Plus, Bama plays in the freakin SEC West and they get Georgia from the East to boot. Nothing to see here.

Agree

VN Store

Back