A Personal Invitation to all my friends on VN!

OneManGang

The one and only OMG will be delivering a lecture at the East Tennessee Historical Society on Thursday March 19 at 6:30pm. The subject will be soldiers from East Tennessee in World War I.

“Write and Tell Mother…”: East Tennesseans in the Great War, 1917-1919 | East Tennessee Historical Society

"Write and tell Mother ..." were the last words of Sgt. Marshall Dudderar of Chattanooga. On 8 October 1918, his platoon was pinned down by machine gun fire from a hidden position. Dudderar advanced about 25 yards standing in full view of the Germans to get a fix on the machine gun nest. He got the info back to his men and then collapsed. His mother accepted his Distinguished Service Cross on his behalf.

6570.jpg

Come one, come all! Especially if you live in Knoxville or in the area.

The event is free of charge and you can park in the State Street Garage for free after 6pm and there is a walkway from the garage to Gay St.

*A HUGE doff of the old chapeau to Freak for letting me post this on the football board for maximum exposure!

Attachments

• mantiphat.jpg
    mantiphat.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 709
Last edited:
Reactions: 17 people
If I could, I would. I honestly enjoy your write ups.

Wish I was closer or had the time to travel. I would love to hear you speak. Your post game threads are amazing. I always enjoyed learning history but your delivery in unparalleled. Thank you for everything you bring to this forum.

I live in the Destin area now and only get back to God's Country about twice a year to see the Big Orange Play. I'll spread the word - if you ever get down here to give a lecture, please post that you're coming!

Reactions: 1 person
My grandfather served in WWI and kept a diary/journal. I listened to his stories for hours and now have that journal. I read it from time to time with an understanding gained from those hours of stories. Good luck!

I certainly wish I could attend my good friend.

I'm in middle Tennessee so it just isn't possible.

Please let me know if you ever do this in Middle Tennessee and I'll do my best to be there and shake your hand.

I know you'll do an outstanding job as you always do for us here on VN.

Semper Fi!!!

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Can you stream it on the web somewhere? Maybe podcast after the fact? Love to hear that talk, but it's a long way from Southwest Florida...hate that I can't make it.

Reactions: 2 people
Can you stream it on the web somewhere? Maybe podcast after the fact? Love to hear that talk, but it's a long way from Southwest Florida...hate that I can't make it.

Seriously, I'd love to see video of the lecture posted on YouTube.

I certainly wish I could attend my good friend.

I'm in middle Tennessee so it just isn't possible.

Please let me know if you ever do this in Middle Tennessee and I'll do my best to be there and shake your hand.

I know you'll do an outstanding job as you always do for us here on VN.

Semper Fi!!!

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

I've been asked to do this lecture in Nashville at some point later. I'll keep you posted.

Reactions: 2 people
The one and only OMG will be delivering a lecture at the East Tennessee Historical Society on Thursday March 19 at 6:30pm.

If it's for The Society, your invitation needs to have fancy font, overly-elegant vocabulary, and obsessively-formal RSVP instructions.

I ki e in the Cumberland gap area bit I'm going g to try my best to come what is the admission ? My brother and myself are major vol fans and history buffs as we come fro. A military family as well I'm looking forward to it

The event is free of charge and you can park in the State Street Garage for free after 6pm and there is a walkway to Gay St.

My grandfather served in WWI and kept a diary/journal. I listened to his stories for hours and now have that journal. I read it from time to time with an understanding gained from those hours of stories. Good luck!

As did mine, my dad was in WWII, brother was in Iraq.

Mine did too. He died before I was born, but I've read his journal several times.

Went up for a recon mission to the ETHS this afternoon. For those of you out-of-towners, they video all their lectures and post them to their YouTube account. However, it can take several weeks to get that done. I will keep you posted.

We gonna be mass communicatin'!

Attachments

• o-brother-pappy.jpg
    o-brother-pappy.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 0
Went up for a recon mission to the ETHS this afternoon. For those of you out-of-towners, they video all their lectures and post them to their YouTube account. However, it can take several weeks to get that done. I will keep you posted.

Love that movie.

YeeeHaawww!

VN Store

Back