Mike Debord Interview With Bob Kesling(New)

Coach Debord seems like a world class guy. I watched the interview earlier. Only time will tell if he is the right fight here.

Honestly my biggest worry is now the student is teaching the "teacher".

Is there going to be a bit of a power struggle between the 2 when we get into the season.

I hope I have to post about this time next year how happy I am that Butch had the vision to hire DeBord.

Coach Debord seems like a world class guy. I watched the interview earlier. Only time will tell if he is the right fight here.

Is there going to be a bit of a power struggle between the 2 when we get into the season.

I hope I have to post about this time next year how happy I am that Butch had the vision to hire DeBord.

Won't be an issue. I can't say with 110% certainty that Debord didn't have any solid OC job offers before UT, but it's safe to assume the opportunity here was very "unique". The reason Butch went this route is because he didn't want to deal with someone calling plays that didn't fit his offensive system. I think Debord will help us passing the ball down the field, but outside that, he's Butch's puppet. The great thing is, Butch respects Debord, so if Debord wants to make a change Butch will listen. It's just a great comfort for Butch to know Debord isn't going to go over his head to make a point. I think Debord is excited for the opportunity here, and I think he's happy to sit back and let Butch do most the heavy lifting. When it's all said and done, this hire will more than likely be seen as a great hire 2-3 years from now. Butch has got this job on lockdown, and he knows what he wants. We are in great hands. Enjoy the show...

Plus, Debord should improve our OL while he's here... Major PLUS IMO

Also, the power problem usually isn't ever an issue. Jancek was the LB coach under Martinez at UGA. Now Jancek is calling the shots. Doesn't seam to be a problem at all...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

I am really worried as well.

Good and informative video, I like what he had to say about Dobbs and how fast he has taken coaching from him, and applied it.

Tells me that a Heisman is at least possible, not probable but possible.

Im just happy that we r at a place where there r no more excuses.... We have watched the last two years always having some reason why we can't beat the big 3..

Well if its going to be a great ride then we should see it this yr.

Anything less than 2 out 3 against ga fla n bama I say cbj will be our JM 2.0. Win enough games to keep his job n 80% of the sheep happy but never be a real contender.

Only time will tell but yr 3 he has to show he is a sec championship type coach.

BTW I want more than just wins I want sec championships..I miss Atlanta.. Lol

Reactions: 1 person
Im just happy that we r at a place where there r no more excuses.... We have watched the last two years always having some reason why we can't beat the big 3..

Well if its going to be a great ride then we should see it this yr.

Anything less than 2 out 3 against ga fla n bama I say cbj will be our JM 2.0. Win enough games to keep his job n 80% of the sheep happy but never be a real contender.

Only time will tell but yr 3 he has to show he is a sec championship type coach.

BTW I want more than just wins I want sec championships..I miss Atlanta.. Lol

Wrong. Next year will be the year.

Reactions: 2 people
Eh, I'm not.

Make no mistake, this is CBJ team. If you want the ride get on board or get kick off the train. CBJ wont let a friend become an issue in the future success of the team, there was more to C Jake leaving than will ever be said, as the interview mentioned this is a close mouth coaching staff.

Not much to worry about. This program has been in deep trouble for years. It's either going in one direction or the other. I feel it's going to 10-2 this season.

Reactions: 1 person
Just watched the replay of the last 10 minutes of that USC game where Butch tore that GA a new one. I can't remember what happened there. Did we only have 10 on the field when we gave up that TD?

Wasn't a GA, that was one of the full-time trainers. An injured player was getting re-taped and him not being available for the play was not communicated to the defensive staff.

I am impressed! The tip to Dobbs and Dobbs correcting his move was indicative of how smart both are.

Go Vols!!

I'll bet those two can put away some barbecue.

Is this another fat reference? I don't understand it with DeBord...looks healthy...you make it sound like he's Mark Mangino or Ralph Friedgen.

Is this another fat reference? I don't understand it with DeBord...looks healthy...you make it sound like he's Mark Mangino or Ralph Friedgen.

Yeah I agree... I'm in relatively good shape but I can guarantee you I can eat most fat people under the table.... Being "fat" not always an indicator of gifted eaters.... Ok the thread has turned!!!

Wasn't a GA, that was one of the full-time trainers. An injured player was getting re-taped and him not being available for the play was not communicated to the defensive staff.

Aha! Expensive tape job on that 75 yard TD! :eek:hmy:

I think he meant to say Krispy Kreme on Neyland Dr is about to re-open after abruptly closing in 2008. Not fat reference afaik.

VN Store

Back