So, Butch has now signed 85

secking

Butch has signed 85 players in 3 years. Depth is finally on solid footing (save the RB pos). Attrition happens everywhere for numerous reasons. My question is, how many has already left?

Butch has signed 85 players in 3 years. Depth is finally on solid footing (save the RB pos). Attrition happens everywhere for numerous reasons. My question is, how many has already left?

Huh? RB is fine. How many "HAS" left? half a dozen or so. Nothing beyond normal numbers.

Reactions: 3 people

27 I think...or maybe that's the number of threads started to discuss people leaving. I can't remember.

Reactions: 5 people
Huh? RB is fine. How many "HAS" left? half a dozen or so. Nothing beyond normal numbers.

Half dozen?
2013 class-
1. Paul Harris
2. Riyahd Jones
3. Ryan Jenkins
4. Riley Ferguson
5. Jaylen Miller
6. Jason Carr
7. Malik Brown

2014 Class-
8. Dewayne Hendrix
9. Daniel Helm
10. D'Andre Payne
11. Michael Sawyers
12. Vic Wharton
13. Derrell Scott

Players "dismissed" from program
14. Trayvon Paulk
15. Joe Henderson

Not saying this list is cause for great concern, just setting record straight

Finally, while we have talent at RB, depth is absolutely a concern.....once Kelly comes in we'll have 3 scholarship RBs unless Evan Berry or Malik Foreman join the group as has been rumored as a possibility.

Edit: erroneously put Derrell Scott under the "dismissed" heading. Should've been under regular list as having left the program. Meant to put Trayvon Paulk there instead. Changes made.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Half dozen?
2013 class-
1. Paul Harris
2. Riyahd Jones
3. Ryan Jenkins
4. Riley Ferguson
5. Jaylen Miller
6. Jason Carr
7. Malik Brown

2014 Class-
8. Dewayne Hendrix
9. Daniel Helm
10. D'Andre Payne
11. Michael Sawyers
12. Vic Wharton

13. Derrell Scott
14. Joe Henderson

Finally, while we have talent at RB, depth is absolutely a concern.....once Kelly comes in we'll have 3 scholarship RBs unless Evan Berry or Malik Foreman join the group as has been rumored as a possibility.

Lot of contributors on that list.

We've probably had more players leave than the average team in the last two or three years but we've also signed more people than the average team in the last two or three years. I don't think there's cause for concern with the number that have left, but I do hope it slows down!

Reactions: 4 people
Half dozen?
2013 class-
1. Paul Harris
2. Riyahd Jones
3. Ryan Jenkins
4. Riley Ferguson
5. Jaylen Miller
6. Jason Carr
7. Malik Brown

2014 Class-
8. Dewayne Hendrix
9. Daniel Helm
10. D'Andre Payne
11. Michael Sawyers
12. Vic Wharton

13. Derrell Scott
14. Joe Henderson

Always have players leave, and like this list, you want non contributors on it

Half dozen?
2013 class-
1. Paul Harris
2. Riyahd Jones
3. Ryan Jenkins
4. Riley Ferguson
5. Jaylen Miller
6. Jason Carr
7. Malik Brown

2014 Class-
8. Dewayne Hendrix
9. Daniel Helm
10. D'Andre Payne
11. Michael Sawyers
12. Vic Wharton

13. Derrell Scott
14. Joe Henderson

Thank you. 14 out of 85 really isn't that bad, about par for the course. Did you count Abernathy as RB? If not, he will be a much needed body at the position.

Is it really fair to group the young guys and particularly the 2014 class as non-contributors? I mean there are plenty of players that don't hit their stride or make significant contributions until they are upperclassmen.

This always interests me because many people attribute TN's woes over the past decade to attrition under the Kiffin/Dools (the 5M man) era but under Jones it doesn't matter? I get that some departures from those prior coaching staffs were due to off the field conduct but let's keep it consistent here

Is it really fair to group the young guys and particularly the 2014 class as non-contributors? I mean there are plenty of players that don't hit their stride or make significant contributions until they are upperclassmen.

This always interests me because many people attribute TN's woes over the past decade to attrition under the Kiffin/Dools (the 5M man) era but under Jones it doesn't matter? I get that some departures from those prior coaching staffs were due to off the field conduct but let's keep it consistent here

Let's don't and say we did.

Reactions: 6 people

Well, in hindsight, if a kid left the team and had little or no playing time and/or statistics, and you assess his impact on the outcomes of games played, I'd say it's entirely fair to label him a non-contributor.

Reactions: 1 person
There were lots of plays to be made last year...we weren't passing on any. The Barnetts,Hurds and Kellys of the world aren't disgruntled and looking elsewhere. If you want to extend the "hit their stride" olive branch to the attrition warriors, first ask them why they're leaving...they weren't booted. You have to grab your opportunities in big boy football...if you don't, the badasses that do aren't going to slow down to make you feel better.

Reactions: 6 people
When I was a kid and my sisters and I asked my dad to take us to the store for some candy, this was his standard reply....our counter was, of course, "let's do and say we didn't".

So you're not diabetic like me? :)

Half dozen?
2013 class-
1. Paul Harris
2. Riyahd Jones
3. Ryan Jenkins
4. Riley Ferguson
5. Jaylen Miller
6. Jason Carr
7. Malik Brown

2014 Class-
8. Dewayne Hendrix
9. Daniel Helm
10. D'Andre Payne
11. Michael Sawyers
12. Vic Wharton

13. Derrell Scott
14. Joe Henderson

Joe Henderson was not dismissed. He was red flagged by the clearinghouse and was found to not be eligible for a scholarship.

VN Store

Back