The few, the proud, the healthy D-linemen

kamoshika

A rash of injuries have left Tennessee short-handed along the defensive line heading into the start of spring practice later this month. Let's take a quick look at the five healthy scholarship defensive linemen still available for the Vols heading into the spring.

There will be no shortage of opportunity for these five players the next couple of months.

The few, the proud, the Tennessee Vols' healthy D-linemen

Reactions: 4 people
All our injuries will slow down the progress of those players so we have to hope they heal up fast and can get in some good work during the Summer.

All the extra work the other guys will get can help them grow lots faster and become much better players so that's a huge bonus and great opportunities for those guys.

This can also help our D line rotation become much better and allow more plays to rest the starters while the play doesn't go down much.

It's so nice to finally have some decent depth and with good talent on our D line and a rotation that can make our D line a total beast for a change.

I honestly believe our D line is finally going to put the fear back into our opponents again like we used to do and that's going to be a great thing to watch again.

BEWARE..The Big Orange swarming bone crunchers are coming for you!

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone else notice they mentioned Tuttle being better than originally thought? That's scary.

Reactions: 4 people
Nice article! A few years ago, these guys would have been much better than our starters, now they are quality depth.

Reactions: 2 people
Vickers is "country strong"? Lol

Saw that--- I don't care if he is "city" strong, we need him and he will provide some good depth/rotation finally. Good to see all these D linemen and their potential... Interesting they didn't mention Mosley unless I missed it... Either way, by the start of the regular season, we are going to have some talent across that line. GBO!

Shame McKenzie isn't on campus till summer, would love to see him at the O&W Game!!! :rock::rock:

Saw that--- I don't care if he is "city" strong, we need him and he will provide some good depth/rotation finally. Good to see all these D linemen and their potential... Interesting they didn't mention Mosley unless I missed it... Either way, by the start of the regular season, we are going to have some talent across that line. GBO!

Thinking Mosley has been moved to OL

Vickers is "country strong"? Lol

I know a little about that: carrying four 5-gal buckets of water to the cows, throwing 100lb alfalfa hay bales up to the top of the barn, hoeing tobacco, heck anything tobacco is labor intensive, and occasionally dragging a 170 pound buck back to the truck.

Carrying shine off the mountain...lol

Almost forgot manual post hole diggers in clay...one of my favorites.

Reactions: 3 people
I know a little about that: carrying four 5-gal buckets of water to the cows, throwing 100lb alfalfa hay bales up to the top of the barn, hoeing tobacco, heck anything tobacco is labor intensive, and occasionally dragging a 170 pound buck back to the truck.

The last one sucks. So do post drivers.

Damn...any eligibility left? :bow2:

GO VOLS!

A rash of injuries have left Tennessee short-handed along the defensive line heading into the start of spring practice later this month. Let's take a quick look at the five healthy scholarship defensive linemen still available for the Vols heading into the spring.

There will be no shortage of opportunity for these five players the next couple of months.

The few, the proud, the Tennessee Vols' healthy D-linemen

Hell, if we HAD to, we could start the season with these 5 featured right here in this article.

And yet, we have 5 more who are more senior (as mentioned at top of article), not to mention others coming in -- such as McKenzie.

We gonna be a'ight.

Reactions: 3 people

Manual post-hole diggers on "rocky-top" isn't much easier....if any.

Attachments

• back-in-82-i-used-to-be-able-to-throw-a-pigskin-a-quarter-mile-how-much-you-wanna-make-a-bet-i-c.jpg
    back-in-82-i-used-to-be-able-to-throw-a-pigskin-a-quarter-mile-how-much-you-wanna-make-a-bet-i-c.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 0

VN Store

Back