CBJ is relentless...

Jones is obviously much better at his job than Dooley was. That being said I believe dooley worked hard for UT while he was here.

Reactions: 9 people
Jones is obviously much better at his job than Dooley was. That being said I believe dooley worked hard for UT while he was here.

ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u_zps3e4f88f6.gif

Reactions: 49 people

:lolabove: Dooley worked hard at what? It sure didn't have anything to do with football. You know he did lose to Kentucky when they had a WR playing QB. :banghead2:

Reactions: 5 people

Don't recall him promoting our program particularly hard and it's well-documented that he sure as hell wasn't putting forth much effort on the recruiting trail. I'm with Biopsy, I think about the only thing he worked hard at was completely tearing down our football program.

Reactions: 4 people
This has got to be one of the best parts of that story. And should really help us on the road this year.

“When we’re working out we’re not playing music over the loudspeakers,” Jones said. “We’re playing all the annoying sounds we can come up with – crying babies, breaking glass, you name it.

“Because it’s easy to do what you need to do when you hear what makes you do that thing even better. We need them to be ready to go when it’s not easy.”

Reactions: 4 people
“We lost to Florida last year, and I was as down as I’ve ever been in my career for about two hours after the game,” Jones said. “I didn’t leave the stadium for two hours."

This is what I like to see.. CBJ will not let this happen again, can guarantee that!

Reactions: 9 people
This has got to be one of the best parts of that story. And should really help us on the road this year.

“When we’re working out we’re not playing music over the loudspeakers,” Jones said. “We’re playing all the annoying sounds we can come up with – crying babies, breaking glass, you name it.

“Because it’s easy to do what you need to do when you hear what makes you do that thing even better. We need them to be ready to go when it’s not easy.”

Freaking mad scientist :w00t:

Reactions: 5 people
CBJ is relentless because he understands that much of his competition are relentless as well. One stumble can quickly have you moved to the back of the pack and the view from there is not good. The first thing he probably noticed was how woefully thin Tenn was on speed and talent. One or 2 recruiting classes have begun the repair but it will take another 1 or 2 classes to put the depth in place behind the talent..

Reactions: 1 person
:lolabove: Dooley worked hard at what? It sure didn't have anything to do with football. You know he did lose to Kentucky when they had a WR playing QB. :banghead2:

Well....for one he had a HUGE hand in the design of our new training facility that the recruits rave about. That should not be overlooked. Facilities make a big impact in recruiting. Obviously he fell short on wins...but the man did work hard for our university.

Reactions: 3 people
“We lost to Florida last year, and I was as down as I’ve ever been in my career for about two hours after the game,” Jones said. “I didn’t leave the stadium for two hours."

This is what I like to see.. CBJ will not let this happen again, can guarantee that!

I hope not because it was inexcusable n hopefully hart chewed his butt out n that's why he stayed behind to lick his wounds.

Also I believe it was that game he knew he had to have a new oc.imo

Only 2 hours? After that horrible loss I would've thought he'd have waited much later to slink back over to the facilities unnoticed.

I think that's dumb.

Reactions: 1 person
Only 2 hours? After that horrible loss I would've thought he'd have waited much later to slink back over to the facilities unnoticed.

One has to put the past in the past and strive to make the future much better. Those who waller in the their misery, stay in their misery. Rise above it and move on.

Reactions: 3 people

He could only allow himself 2 hours before he started calling recruits. I think he recruits in his sleep, so taking 2 hours off means he was pretty depressed.

VN Store

Back