what do you miss most

joevol33

1st official VN BB bracket winner
VN Pick Champion
We have our off season threads, and we express how much we hate the off season. Besides the games of course, what do you miss about football season? For me its the game day threads. I love seeing all the posts of Dobbs!!!! Hurd!!! And Pig!!!!!, etc. I miss the roar of the crowd also.

Reactions: 1 person
Did anyone ever post up the Girls of Vanderbilt. I really enjoyed all the others, but never saw that one.

Sorry, forgot again, about all the people on here that made it worthwhile. :pepper:

GO VOLS!

I miss the anticipation. Talking about the upcoming game all week. I get excited then worried then excited all over again as the week goes on. Makes the work weeks go by faster.

Strange to say I miss something that will be here in less than 6 months.

I'll go with the things I enjoy the most:

-Thursday night SEC games at the beginning of the season. Then heading into Friday knowing there will be a decent game or two on that night before waking up into college football bliss on Saturday morning.

-College Gameday. Yeah, they hate us, whatever. I still love the show. It captures the essence of college football so well.

-The double-edged sword of noon kickoffs or night games. Noon kickoffs start around 11 a.m. CST, so I wake up, have coffee, eat breakfast, and boom, the game is on. No time to sit around and let the nerves kick in. Night games are different, because I can relax all morning and watch the early games, but by the time 3-4 p.m. rolls around, I start pacing around a bit more.

-Speaking of 3-4 p.m., damn those dreaded CBS games. We have lost so many times on CBS in the past 5-6 years. It's ridiculous. That said, I still love seeing UT on that network. The orange always looks outstanding and CBS's production values destroy ESPN. The SEC on CBS theme is also fantastic and makes every game feel extremely important.

-The game threads, especially when we're winning or kicking ass. The 2-3 page reactions after a TD. The nervous posters who say "This isn't over yet..." when we're up 3 TDs late in the 4th quarter. Celebrating a win once victory is surely at hand.

Reactions: 2 people

-Thursday night SEC games at the beginning of the season. Then heading into Friday knowing there will be a decent game or two on that night before waking up into college football bliss on Saturday morning.

-College Gameday. Yeah, they hate us, whatever. I still love the show. It captures the essence of college football so well.

-The double-edged sword of noon kickoffs or night games. Noon kickoffs start around 11 a.m. CST, so I wake up, have coffee, eat breakfast, and boom, the game is on. No time to sit around and let the nerves kick in. Night games are different, because I can relax all morning and watch the early games, but by the time 3-4 p.m. rolls around, I start pacing around a bit more.

-Speaking of 3-4 p.m., damn those dreaded CBS games. We have lost so many times on CBS in the past 5-6 years. It's ridiculous. That said, I still love seeing UT on that network. The orange always looks outstanding and CBS's production values destroy ESPN. The SEC on CBS theme is also fantastic and makes every game feel extremely important.

-The game threads, especially when we're winning or kicking ass. The 2-3 page reactions after a TD. The nervous posters who say "This isn't over yet..." when we're up 3 TDs late in the 4th quarter. Celebrating a win once victory is surely at hand.

The Fall double whammy is cool. High School football on Friday Nights and College Football on Saturday.:rock::rock:

I love those Thursday night games also.

I was looking forward to the Sigma Alpha Epsilon (SAE) girls of Oklahoma, but I guess that's not going to happen now.

Thanks, racists.

Last edited:
Most of all, I miss my friend. The one my heart and soul confided in. The one I felt the safest with. The one who knew just what to say to make me laugh again, and let the light back in. I miss my friend.

VN Store

Back