looking for a email address for Butch

Flatliner

this maybe the strangest thread on the board ...

I do alot of sports photography in the middle Tennessee area and a couple weeks back Butch's son and wife were in Springfield, Tennessee for a middle school basketball tournament. Butch was unable to come to the tournament due to Tennessee having a camp that weekend and I was wondering with all the contacts here if anyone has an email address for an admin or someone that could forward a few pics to Butch.

... holding my breath before I click the "submit new thread" button, here goes nothing.

Reactions: 3 people
If you think this is the strangest thread on this board, you haven't been paying attention

Agreed. Expected the OP to have brilliant coaching schemes or recruiting info he needed pass along or wanted to invite Butch to a party cause they both like cheese dip. I'm disappointed.

Reactions: 4 people
Tweet them at him if nothing better comes along: @UTCoachJones

yea I thought of that but I did not just want to post pictures of his son out there for anyone to grab.

I'm pretty sure it's CoachButchJones @ ItWouldn'tBeWeirdAtAllForAStrangerToSendMePicturesOfMyWifeAndSon.com

the photos are just action shots of his son, but I did talk to his wife a little after the game. I did not talk to her about the photos because to tell you the truth I forgot about his son playing in the game and was not sure if I took any photos of him.

Reactions: 1 person
OMG this thread had so much potential to be the weirdest thread I've ever seen. I literally thought you were someone trying to contact butch for God knows what lol. But good luck anyways, your cause is noble.

OMG this thread had so much potential to be the weirdest thread I've ever seen....

It really does have so much potential.

There's the "rock star versus everyman" facet as we contemplate (some for the first time) that getting Butch's email address (or phone number, or any kind of direct human-to-human contact outside of a planned public appearance) isn't in the cards for most folks...

There's the slightly creepy and titillating "stalker" angle ... is the fellow really a photographer? Is that ALL he is? Is he safe? Is he the darkest version of Heath Ledger's Joker? Who IS this guy?

And then there's the whole "yeah I was with his wife" angle which, while sophomoric, is fodder for plenty of potential jokes.

So I personally am expecting great things from this thread as it continues to age....

Go Vols!

Last edited:
It really does have so much potential.

There's the "rock star versus everyman" facet as we contemplate (some for the first time) that getting Butch's email address (or phone number, or any kind of direct human-to-human contact outside of a planned public appearance) isn't in the cards for most folks...

There's the slightly creepy and titillating "stalker" angle ... is the fellow really a photographer? Is that ALL he is? Is he safe? Is he the darkest version of Heath Ledger's Joker? Who IS this guy?

And then there's the whole "yeah I was with his wife" angle which, while sophomoric, is fodder for plenty of potential jokes.

So I personally am expecting great things from this thread as it continues to age....

Go Vols!

I would of loved to have Butch's phone number or email after the Fla game last year. After I had drank my sorrows away, I'm sure I would of had some unpleasant concerns to express to him lol.

this maybe the strangest thread on the board ...

I do alot of sports photography in the middle Tennessee area and a couple weeks back Butch's son and wife were in Springfield, Tennessee for a middle school basketball tournament. Butch was unable to come to the tournament due to Tennessee having a camp that weekend and I was wondering with all the contacts here if anyone has an email address for an admin or someone that could forward a few pics to Butch.

... holding my breath before I click the "submit new thread" button, here goes nothing.
Hey, Greenbrier, that's my hometown.

I think the best way to get a quick response would be to leave a voicemail with the athletic dept.

I'll give you a few pointers I've gleamed from watching some motion pictures.

You want to be sure you don't use your real voice. Too easy for the people screening to immediately write you off as another, 'Hey Coach, you gotta hear this play.', type of caller they probably get hundreds of a day. Instant 'delete' from the screener. What you want to do is disguise your voice, make it distinctive. I'd suggest an Eastern Europe accent. You know, to set you apart from everyone else.

Your opening line has to really catch them, too. Don't lolly gag around. You have to get straight to the point. I'd suggest as straight up a line as possible. Probably something along the lines of, 'Coach Jones (you obviously have to let them know who you're directing the call to), I've got pictures of your son.'.

It's simple and gets straight to the point.

Next you want to let CBJ know what your intentions are. I imagine the rest of the voicemail would go something like this:

"I need you to contact me, either by phone or personal email. I was at the game with your wife and son the other night. I've got some pictures that you might want to see. I wanted to contact you directly to give you the chance to get with me personally before I am forced to make the pictures public to get your attention."

This is probably the most sure-fire way to get a quick response.

*disclaimer: DO NOT use this post as a realistic option. It is meant for comedic relief and not to be taken seriously.

Reactions: 10 people
I know you can just mail him. I mailed him a letter in May 2013. In late June, he sent me 2 posters of him with encouraging words to me and he signed them big. Wasn't really expecting anything back but it seems like he writes back people a lot during the summer. I know a few other people that have done the same and he's written them back. Pretty cool guy!

VN Store

Back