Nash Nance

Since Nash never played a down for us and DaRick played a solid 2 years for us, how exactly was Nance the better part of the deal?

Reactions: 11 people
That's pretty awesome. I hope he gets drafted and has a successful NFL career.

Reactions: 5 people
Since Nash never played a down for us and DaRick played a solid 2 years for us, how exactly was Nance the better part of the deal?

The best way to judge a recruiting class is to see how the guys do after they transfer. You didn't know that?

Reactions: 1 person
Next time you get ready to slam a kid for leaving in order to get playing time, remember stories like this. It is very likely that Nash was down the depth chart because his style or skills did not fit with what Chaneys offense required, so he found one where his style fit.. Does not make Chaney wrong, does not make Nance wrong. Just means it wasn't a fit at the time.

Thats how competitive this league is. He never even got a serious look here. He was brought here because he came with darick.

I love it that he is having success.

I wish him nothing but the best

Reactions: 5 people
I do not know how some of you on the board here will feel about it, but I would rather he throw here than at Leg Hound U. He was a Vol let him throw here. JMO flame away if you want.

Reactions: 4 people
Nice little article. It's nice to know he done well for himself after leaving UT. Maybe he played his way into a last round selection. I see where he is looking for a team so he can throw on their pro day. I bet if he asked Butch that he would allow him to come and throw if we havent already had our pro day.

Nor should he have. Bray was a good coach or even a good Defense away from being a legend here.

Put the 2012 O with the 2011 D and you'd have a pretty good team. The D was actually pretty decent until 2012.

Bray was (and may still be) an extremely talented spoiled brat. With good coaches to help him mature, however ... he might have been incredible. Another victim/legacy of the Dooley years....

As for Nance, I saw a lot of hyperbole in that article, a lot of chest thumping that may or may not be merited ("the coaches and players call me 'Six'...Because that’s how many points I put up on the scoreboard every time the offense goes out on the field," or this gem, "I always competed with the big SEC quarterbacks and...out played them"). I wish him well, but detect a lack of selflessness that might reduce his potential value to NFL teams looking for a bargain. Who knows, maybe the journalist misquoted him or portrayed him inaccurately.

Last edited:
Bray was (and may still be) an extremely talented spoiled brat. With good coaches to help him mature, however ... he might have been incredible. Another victim/legacy of the Dooley years....

As for Nance, I saw a lot of hyperbole in that article, a lot of chest thumping that may or may not be merited ("the coaches and players call me 'Six'...Because that’s how many points I put up on the scoreboard every time the offense goes out on the field," or this gem, "I always competed with the big SEC quarterbacks and...out played them"). I wish him well, but detect a lack of selflessness that might reduce his potential value to NFL teams looking for a bargain. Who knows, maybe the journalist misquoted him or portrayed him inaccurately.

Well usually all the guys that have game are cocky or very sure of themselves but some have good mentors that teach them to compartmenalize this quality ie. Archie and Oliver Luck types.

I believe a couple of years under Butches "Give me a 100% a 100% of the time" coaching and Bray may have left hear as another Peyton. Too bad for him. I wish all ex Vols well.

VN Store

Back