Tennessee QB Signee Sheriron Jones on Challenge Ahead: 'I Love Competition'

WilliamDuVOL

Tennessee QB Signee Sheriron Jones on Challenge Ahead: 'I Love Competition' | Bleacher Report

This is a pretty good write up to start your day. It's a few days old but nobody posted it yet. This sounds like a level headed, team oriented guy and I, for one, am excited to see what he can do.

"I thrive on competition; I love competition," Jones told B/R from his home in Moreno Valley, California. "It shows my weak points and my strong points, and I can grow on my weak points and get better on my strong points, so I was really happy about that. I'm glad that we have three quarterbacks due to the fact that we only had one [scholarship QB on the roster].

"I'm just looking forward to playing with those guys and seeing what happens. All that matters to me is if my team wins. That's all I really care about. No matter who's playing quarterback, as long as they're helping the team and making the team better, that's all that really matters to me."

Reactions: 45 people
Reactions: 5 people
Hope he has it in him to stay and fight. Some of the great college legends as far as QBs never got their chance until year 3 or 4, BUT when their time came they were ready to shine. If You Will Stay, You Will Play..
That said, wouldn't it be great if he had a brilliant 3 or 4 year career and proved to be the most dangerous QB in the land. Good Luck!

Reactions: 4 people
Reactions: 3 people
Hope he has it in him to stay and fight. Some of the great college legends as far as QBs never got their chance until year 3 or 4, BUT when their time came they were ready to shine. If You Will Stay, You Will Play..
That said, wouldn't it be great if he had a brilliant 3 or 4 year career and proved to be the most dangerous QB in the land. Good Luck!

On film he has intangibles you can't coach. Has great instinct, arm, speed, and is very football savvy (playmaker). Like you I do hope he stays. Believe he could be very good.

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
He’s talking the right talk, I just hope that his actions follow thru on it.

If so, he could be one of the next great ones to wear the Orange & White.

I'm looking forward to the competition between these guys.

I think Jones is really sharp and has excellent skill set but I think also a couple of years in our weigh rooms will do him a world of good. I too am impressed with his attitude...

Based on his skill set and attitude, he will eventually become the starter when Dobbs graduates.

That's a pretty big conclusion to jump to based off of HS game film and an article where he is supposed to give that kind of answer.

I hope the best for SJ and I think he has a great opportunity to be a college QB at a great university but there are others in this class and future classes who are just as motivated and will have similar skills.

I'm excited for all of our young players even if they don't ever start a game. They are coming into a great situation where they will be surrounded by talent and work ethic that will push them to be their best. I wish some of the guys in the last 5 years could have experienced this type of environment.

I laugh when I see people talk about people being scared of UT again but we are definitely a very attractive school right now for talented young athletes who want to build something and we are amassing them by the boatload.

I'm sure that makes all of our future opponents take notice. I also love the fact that all of this good momentum seems sustainable because of our head coach. The guy just seems like a winner in life and is a relentless worker. He will continue to attract talented coaches and players and I don't see him choosing to go anywhere else after he builds UT brick by brick....no big-time alma mater dream job and doesn't seem like an NFL type guy.

We shall see, I think he has all the tools and the right midndset. The backup QB battle this spring will be interesting.

Just throwing this out there: What else would you expect him to say? I love what he said and I'm excited to see what all the roster QBs can do, but I just don't find what he said to be that groundbreaking. This sounds like "player-speak" to me. It seems most, if not all, of our players have a team first attitude.

Just throwing this out there: What else would you expect him to say? I love what he said and I'm excited to see what all the roster QBs can do, but I just don't find what he said to be that groundbreaking. This sounds like "player-speak" to me. It seems most, if not all, of our players have a team first attitude.

Exactly why I never read interviews of coaches or players. I don't understand why people hyperventilate over a team-first interview response.....what else would he say?

Reactions: 1 person
It's nice to see a kid that's not scared of the competition. Seems like a true team guy. Can't wait to see him in the Orange!

VN Store

Back