Oklahoma atmosphere may rival California

Volngeorgia

I was lucky enuf to be ay Neyland when we ran Cal out of the stadium.
My voice was gone by halftime.
I think it was the loudest non conference game I've ever been at.
If we blowout BGSU in Nashville, I think the atmosphere the following week for OU will be amazing. :rock:

Reactions: 3 people
I was lucky enuf to be ay Neyland when we ran Cal out of the stadium.
My voice was gone by halftime.
I think it was the loudest non conference game I've ever been at.
If we blowout BGSU in Nashville, I think the atmosphere the following week for OU will be amazing. :rock:

Think you're right. That Cal game was one of the loudest non conference games in Neyland I had ever been to. Their will be a lot of hype and excitement by us fans for that game. Hopefully it's a night game. OU and UF back to back can both be huge momentum games for the rest of the season. Both are very winnable games. Winning both would be huge for not only us fans but the confidence it would give the players going forward. Take Arky for example. They found ways to lose games at the end early in the yr, but once they got that first SEC win they became a different team after that and were pretty much unbeatable. Not saying we would win out but could definitely be a big momentum swing. Back to your point the OU game very easily could rival the excitement and how deafening the Cal game was. Really, Really hope it's at night.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Think you're right. That Cal game was one of the loudest non conference games in England I had ever been to. Their will be a lot of hype and excitement by us fans for that game. Hopefully it's a night game. OU and UF back to back can both be huge momentum games for the rest of the season. Both are very winnable games. Winning both would be huge for not only us fans but the confidence it would give the players going forward. Take Arky for example. They found ways to lose games at the end early in the yr, but once they got that first SEC win they became a different team after that and were pretty much unbeatable. Not saying we would win out but could definitely be a big momentum swing. Back to your point the OU game very easily could rival the excitement and how deafening the Cal game was. Really, Really hope it's at night.

I was totally unaware we played that game overseas, I thought it was a home game! England, wow! Ha

Reactions: 17 people
I was at the Cal game as well and it was electric! The Oklahoma game could rival that, but the Cal game was the first game of the season and those always seem to be more exciting. Either way, I'm excited!

Reactions: 1 person
My money is on England being the auto-correct for Neyland.

Hopefully we checker Neyland for this one. It would be great if we could do it every home game tbh, that was a beautiful site against Florida.

Reactions: 3 people
I was at the Cal game as well and it was electric! The Oklahoma game could rival that, but the Cal game was the first game of the season and those always seem to be more exciting. Either way, I'm excited!

It will be the home opener, should be plenty of excitement for the first game of the season at Neyland Stadium.

I firmly believe we will give them a very good game and possibly win. Dobb's role will be key.

That Cal game was my first game in Neyland (and the first game of my freshman year at UT). It was pretty darn crazy. I was actually kind of shocked to see a decent amount of Cal fans in and around the stadium.

Love the Vols to give OU a 35-18 or similar beat down. Longshore, Lynch, Jackson, and Mebane they had no answer.

I'll never forget that game. It could possibly be the loudest overall game I have ever attended. I'll never forget the electricity in the bathroom after the 1st quarter. Folks were screaming and yelling in the bathroom. One guy yelled "Tennessee is back baby!" And got an array of cheers. I can still feel the place shaking as Meachem ran down the sideline for the TD. Go Vols!!!

I'll never forget that game. It could possibly be the loudest overall game I have ever attended. I'll never forget the electricity in the bathroom after the 1st quarter. Folks were screaming and yelling in the bathroom. One guy yelled "Tennessee is back baby!" And got an array of cheers. I can still feel the place shaking as Meachem ran down the sideline for the TD. Go Vols!!!

Lynch, Jackson, and Jahvid Best were supposed to be unstoppable, until they stepped foot into Neyland Stadium and stepped onto Shield-Watkins Field. Anyone remember Montario Hardesty keeping his legs churning, busting out of the pile and taking it to the house?? Set the tone for the whole game. Loudest non-conference game I would agree. The first half of the Oregon game before the severe thunderstorm delay, Neyland was absoultely rocking.

VN Store

Back