Butch: Make No Mistake, Dobbs is Our Guy. On his Backups...

perico

"Thenneshee willsh be bath..."- Dr. Lou Holtz
A pretty obvious statement, but we still see some comments thrown around here about how Dobbs could conceivably be beaten out one of the freshman.

Here's Butch's take:

After signing autographs and taking pictures, Jones spoke to News 2 about the quarterback situation and preseason expectations.

Last season, Jones called the quarterback situation “an open competition.”

This year, he already has his man.
Butch Jones in Nashville, March 3Butch Jones and a fan in Nashville on March 3, 2015.

“Josh Dobbs is our starting quarterback make no mistake about it,” he said. “But again, it’s little different nuances in spring in that we are going to have a new number two and a new number three and that’s going to be a true freshman I can promise you that.”

Former Blackman star Jauan Jennings, Quinten Dormandy and Sheriron Jones are all expected to compete for the back-up quarterback roles.

Butch Jones visits Nashville to talk quarterbacks, preseason hype | WKRN News 2

Reactions: 4 people
Bad news for all the anti-Dobbites on here, of which there are many. Sorry guys.

Reactions: 3 people
This time last year Worley was unequivocally their guy

Things can change

But they didn't change. Worley was unequivocally their guy until he couldn't physically play anymore. Surely you're not one who thinks a true freshman is going to beat Dobbs out.

Reactions: 13 people
Dobbs made a big leap from his freshman year. And I don't think he'll rest on that or be satisfied . If he improves like last year we could be in for a great year. The coaches are setting him up for success by bringing in CD who is a pretty good QB guy.

For those fans who honestly think there should be a debate..."any debate" on our QB situation....you are delusional! Dobbs is the guy and he's shown that hands down. He's shown unquestionable playmaking ability, and will only get better. Some of you need to stop looking for the next big "freshman hotshot"...and appreciate what we have in Dobbs. Those freshmen's time will come...but I for one hope it's not this year.

Reactions: 6 people
For those fans who honestly think there should be a debate..."any debate" on our QB situation....you are delusional! Dobbs is the guy and he's shown that hands down. He's shown unquestionable playmaking ability, and will only get better. Some of you need to stop looking for the next big "freshman hotshot"...and appreciate what we have in Dobbs. Those freshmen's time will come...but I for one hope it's not this year.

I'm a big fan of Dobbs, but how would someone being better than him be a bad thing? I don't think anyone should ever quit looking for the next big player at any position. I hope Dobbs is the best we have, but if he isn't,even better for us.

Reactions: 6 people

Again, who exactly are you talking to?

Glad to hear him steadily stand behind his clear number 1. He's been cristized here for not committing to a QB

Bad news for all the anti-Dobbites on here, of which there are many. Sorry guys.

Make no mistake about it, I was one of the ones who was all for Worley starting last year and I still think that was best for the team. With that said, I am all for Dobbs this year! I believe he is going to have a very good year and I am beginning to think Debord is going to be good for Dobbs and the offense. Don't see how anyone with an IQ above a potato can see anyone else starting this year. JMO

Reactions: 1 person
Many? Really? Very few and far between IMO.

Butch has yet to finish the season with a QB that started the season, even back to Cincinnati.

Dobbs will need to be a superman to take the abuse over a full season, especially in this type of offense which relies on the QB moving with the ball

Reactions: 2 people
I'm a big fan of Dobbs, but how would someone being better than him be a bad thing? I don't think anyone should ever quit looking for the next big player at any position. I hope Dobbs is the best we have, but if he isn't,even better for us.

That would actually be great. I dont expect it to happen at all, but if any of the freshman came in and showed they were better, and a more capable all-around QB than Dobbs, then he should start.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back