Jones relishes chance to improve program

kamoshika

...Don't be deceived by the dead of winter. There's no down time for UT's head football coach.

"Hectic," Jones called it Monday morning during a sit-down interview with The Daily Times in his third-floor corner office in the Anderson Training Complex. "Everyone thinks you have all this time. And you're still recruiting everyday, we just had a junior day Saturday.

"You're (doing) speaking engagements, you're working on developing your team, you're in the weight room with them, you're doing skill development, you're meeting with players."

Jones, the detail-obsessed third-year Tennessee football coach, loves every hectic minute of it. Mostly because February has little to nothing to do with on-field work and everything to do with off-the-field improvement - and it starts with a look in the mirror.
https://tennessee.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1740928

Reactions: 4 people
I have no doubts when Butch said this was his dream job. He loves Tennessee, and has shown it through the work he's put in. In field results are coming.

Reactions: 8 people
If CBJ doesn't succeed here, it won't be from lack of effort!

The dude is EVERYWHERE! :rock:

Coach Jones ceases to amaze me in his relentless effort that he goes everyday to Tennessee! This man honestly gives his all for Tennessee everyday of his life. I hope he has the success here that IMO he deserves after putting in the time and effort. Plus I'm being a lil biased cause I think that Tenessee deserves a break for a change and that break should be invite form of CHAMPIONSHIPS both SEC and NC's.

Reactions: 1 person
coach jones never ceases to amaze me in his relentless effort that he goes everyday to tennessee! This man honestly gives his all for tennessee everyday of his life. I hope he has the success here that imo he deserves after putting in the time and effort. Plus i'm being a lil biased cause i think that tenessee deserves a break for a change and that break should be invite form of championships both sec and nc's.

fyp

We are getting our money's worth from Butch. The guy works about 18 hours a day and probably dreams about recruiting in his sleep.

Thanks OP for posting the link.

It's a good read and gives us all more insight about buTch and his never ending, relentless pursuit towards greatness for everyone around him.

What he and our other coaches are doing will rub off on our kids and will last them a lifetime.

If we can keep our best recruiters then I believe it's just a matter of time until buTch and our program makes us all very proud.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Thanks OP for posting the link.

It's a good read and gives us all more insight about buTch and his never ending, relentless pursuit towards greatness for everyone around him.

What he and our other coaches are doing will rub off on our kids and will last them a lifetime.

If we can keep our best recruiters then I believe it's just a matter of time until buTch and our program makes us all very proud.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Scared me for a second...
Thought you were going "relentless pursuit for continuous improvement" on me.

If Butch doesn't succeed, it certainly won't be from a lack of effort, but winning on the field is now almost mandatory, considering fan expectations.

Butch MFin Stones gets it.
t0mQe0I.gif

I, too, also feel like dancing :)
butch-jones-thrusting.gif

So...
butch-jones-deal-with-it-480_zpsb61995d4-2.gif

BUTCHES! Go Big Damn Orange!

VN Store

Back