Will Dobbs go to NFL or use his degree?

RockyMtnsVol

Well it's the offseason so let me ask you a question. Will Dobbs go to the NFL when he's done at UT or will he pursue a career in Aeronautical Engineering?

I think Dobbs will play a little in the CFL for a while then try the NFL. Warren Moon did that and you see how it worked out for him.

I'm sure he will go to the NFL. You get one shot to make it in the bigs. He can always use his degree when his NFL career is over. He can never turn to the NFL when he is tired of his degree.

Reactions: 3 people
I think Dobbs will play a little in the CFL for a while then try the NFL. Warren Moon did that and you see how it worked out for him.

Dobbs is way too talented to play in the CFL. When Warren Moon did that football was in a completely different state. No way Dobbs passes through 7 rounds of the NFL draft and doesn't end up on a roster.

Reactions: 2 people
Dobbs will win championships during the season and design spaceships in the offseason! :rock:

Reactions: 5 people

Very little correlation in the two cases. Moon came out of college when African Americans were getting very few looks at QB in the NFL.

Not a valid comparison, PLUS, Dobbs isn't nearly as good at this point as Moon was going into his junior season.

Reactions: 1 person
Dobbs is way too talented to play in the CFL. When Warren Moon did that football was in a completely different state. No way Dobbs passes through 7 rounds of the NFL draft and doesn't end up on a roster.

Crazy. He will be lucky to be good enough to be drafted. Being a really good college QB and having the skill set to play in the NFL are two entirely different things

And no, (LOL), he isn't too good for the CFL

Reactions: 4 people
I'm not sure he won't graduate college then go work for NASA even if he does get a shot at the draft...

Both. He'll play in the NFL for 8-12 years, do well, if not Peytonesque. Then he'll get into the Aerospace industry, or work directly for NASA. He'll volunteer to lead the first colonist mission to Mars in 2034; will successfully make it there, spend a year and a half on the planet as the first "governor," then return home to a hero's welcome.

And he'll do it all without eyebrows.

Reactions: 8 people

Just look at his work in the NFL and MLB forums. You'll understand there's no use in attempting to use logic with Dave

Granted, his career as an aerospace engineer would probably have to be delayed while he plays for a few years in the league, but the only career options after the NFL do not consist solely of being a sportscaster. The Honorable Tim Irwin, who had a very successful NFL career with the Minnesota Vikings that lasted 14 years, went to law school following his NFL career. He has since had a very successful legal career, and is now the Knox County Juvenile Court Judge. Michael Barry Reid had a successful NFL career with the Cincinnati Bengals that included 2 pro bowl appearances. While he was still playing football for the Cincinnati Bengals, he also played as a pianist for the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra. He is now having a successful music career as a country music artist and composer. I am sure there are many other examples.

Granted, his career as an aerospace engineer would probably have to be delayed while he plays for a few years in the league, but the only career options after the NFL do not consist solely of being a sportscaster. The Honorable Tim Irwin, who had a very successful NFL career with the Minnesota Vikings that lasted 14 years, went to law school following his NFL career. He has since had a very successful legal career, and is now the Knox County Juvenile Court Judge. Michael Barry Reid had a successful NFL career with the Cincinnati Bengals that included 2 pro bowl appearances. While he was still playing football for the Cincinnati Bengals, he also played as a pianist for the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra. He is now having a successful music career as a country music artist and composer. I am sure there are many other examples.

Alan Page is in the NFL Hall of Fame and is currently a Judge in the Minnesota Supreme Court.

That's an interesting post, bhouston, thanks.

Wonder what the most common post-NFL careers are.

Journalism --> Sportscaster (TV or radio or, more rarely, newspapers) has to be among the more desirable ones.

Owning a car dealership, restaurant, or bar (or more than one) seems common.

Advertising or being the 'face' of a local real estate office / insurance company is a gig you see pretty often.

Sadly, being totally bankrupt and living under the interstate bridge near the stadium isn't as rare as it should be.

Wonder what else are common landing spots after hanging up the helmet.

:the_finger::neener:

36947255.jpg

Crazy. He will be lucky to be good enough to be drafted. Being a really good college QB and having the skill set to play in the NFL are two entirely different things

And no, (LOL), he isn't too good for the CFL

Didn't say he was too good. Said he was too talented. Being "good" and "talented" are two different things. Ask Jamarcus Russel. Players with Dobbs talent don't end up in the CFL unless a lot of NFL scouts do a bad job.

And I don't think he will be "lucky" to be drafted. If he can avoid injury and play as well as he did at the end of last season there is no way someone doesn't take a shot with him. Talented dual-threat QB's with smarts like Dobbs don't come around every day.

Let's play a full college season first

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. People act like he has already won the damn heisman trophy. He has nearly as many interceptions as he does TD passes. I think he will be vastly improved this year but damn enough with the ridiculous expectations.

Reactions: 4 people
Didn't say he was too good. Said he was too talented. Being "good" and "talented" are two different things. Ask Jamarcus Russel. Players with Dobbs talent don't end up in the CFL unless a lot of NFL scouts do a bad job.

And I don't think he will be "lucky" to be drafted. If he can avoid injury and play as well as he did at the end of last season there is no way someone doesn't take a shot with him. Talented dual-threat QB's with smarts like Dobbs don't come around every day.

You're delusional as to your knowledge of the NFL and the talent it takes to play there.

I stand by my assertion that Dobbs will be lucky to be drafted

VN Store

Back