Whata'ya think?

I think they went entirely into too much detail regarding FL who was abysmal last season, and ignored the strengths of our team and focused only on Dobbs and "needing help on the trenches." On defense, we were solid. Not spectacular, but solid. O line needed help, obviously. But that shouldn't have been the only point to highlight from our team as a whole last season. We had many more things show up as big bright spots pointing towards a solid future.

I live in Georgia so I try to fit in and not think.

There are so many responses that I could use. But I guess I could just use college academic rankings to start with. Or I could say, "that's your choice". Or I could say "Delta's ready when you are"........ stuff like that. But really I don't have to say anything. You hung yourself.

Reactions: 1 person
The article is from 12/29/14.....before we curbstomped Iowa.

Reactions: 5 people
Well if Dobbs had started Georgia wouldve been beat along with Florida and the expectations would really be ridiculous. I think it works out for UT in the end. 2015 will have a few signature wins along with a couple of heartbreaking losses. The days of UT getting blown out are prolly over. GO BIG ORANGE! My kids still don't believe me when I say that Tennessee was feared by most.

there are so many responses that i WILL use. But i guess i WILL just use college academic rankings to start with. Or i WILL say, "that's your choice". Or i could say "delta's ready when you are"........ Stuff like that. But really i don't have to say anything. You hung yourself.

fyp

It's the end of season rankings that really count.

We look forward to watching how next season plays out.

After barely squeaking by last season I have to wonder if UGa fans are really excited to play us anymore of if their fear and dread is returning back to form like it used to be, LOL!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Ha! Most elegantly disdainful football fan response I ever personally got was from a GA fan in the Cracker Barrel in Manchester about five years ago.

My dad and I went one Sunday morning for breakfast, wearing some orange of course. This dude was wearing red and black. We got up to pay our bills at the same time, so we naturally said Go Vols! to him (my dad would get his butt whooped regularly if he weren't so old and clearly harmless). He said Hook em Dawgs or something like that. We asked how he thought the game would go (we were 6 days away from TN-GA). He said he thought of the Vols as a good "tune up for the Florida game" that was coming for his team a week or two later. We all laughed, I gave him a friendly slap on the back (ok it might have been a LITTLE harder than was strictly polite, but it was not assault and battery), and we went our separate ways.

Of course, Tennessee completely owned Georgia that following weekend.

I've been back to that Cracker Barrel several times since on Sunday mornings, and I always hope to see the guy again, but no luck. Yeah, we've lost to GA several times since then, but it would sure be nice to ask him how the tune-up went. ;)

Life is just sheer fun sometimes. You know?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back