Has anyone ever rented a boat to a game?

Volngeorgia

I've never done this.
Would like to take about 10-12 people to a game by renting a boat somewhere and docking with Vol Navy.
Want to spend around $1000-$1500.
Is this possible?
I've goggled several boating companies, but their boats are more for 50 or more people.
Any ideas?

Reactions: 2 people
The problem with taking that size group is that if you are a boat owner you must have special insurance, captains license, etc. Otherwise it might be an attractive idea for some of us boat owners.

that $1500.00 will be worth $5,000.oo in memories!

Anybody remember when they announced at Neyland, that some needed to move their boats because a barge was coming and couldn't get through???? Year???

I was able to make a trip bringing CH Butcher's boat down to dock from out west, but then I had what I thought were more important things to do.. and went back to my party.
I don't remember the entire trip...

that $1500.00 will be worth $5,000.oo in memories!

Anybody remember when they announced at Neyland, that some needed to move their boats because a barge was coming and couldn't get through???? Year???

I was able to make a trip bringing CH Butcher's boat down to dock from out west, but then I had what I thought were more important things to do.. and went back to my party.
I don't remember the entire trip...

But this group will have to have alcohol and we also need a satellite tv on the boat because some will not have tickets to game.
What I'm asking for May not be out there it sounds like. :ermm:

I would suggest getting the 50 person boat and having a volnation party!!!

Let each volnation member chip in 100$.. rent the boat and use the rest for Beer and BBQ

No Negavols!! (Just joking lol)

If it was an ESPN game and we made some cool signs to do with volnation I bet it would get coverage too..

Just a thought.. Might be cool

Let each volnation member chip in 100$.. rent the boat and use the rest for Beer and BBQ

If it was an ESPN game and we made some cool signs to do with volnation I bet it would get coverage too..

That's a great idea as long as I'm not the one responsible for keeping 50 intoxicated people from drowning or damaging the boat. I'm sure the majority would be cool but there's one guy at every party

Reactions: 1 person

I'm not good at organizing stuff like this.
But, I could kick in a lot of beer if somebody ekes plans it.

would make sure you have someone who is experienced at driving and docking a boat that big. It isn't something you just hop in and go do. especially if you and a lot of your friends will be drinking all day. :)

I'll go ahead and sign up Freak and GAVOL(if you throw in a Gatlinburg free night).:)

That's a great idea as long as I'm not the one responsible for keeping 50 intoxicated people from drowning or damaging the boat. I'm sure the majority would be cool but there's one guy at every party

That's what mods are for

VN Store

Back