Arkansas Game

Rockytoptn83

Went to book my hotel today for the Arky game within walking distance of the stadium and every single one of them is booked. $*^&, every good hotel is basically already booked 7 months in advance. Trying to figure out where I should stay and where I can park on gameday that isn't too far of a walk. Any suggestions? Guess I should have hopped on this sooner.

You don't book a room really early, you aren't going to get one.. We got ours reserved in December.. we learned over the years the later you find a room, seems those are farther out east or west..

Parking, well I'm sure someone will sell their parking pass for a small fortune but you can pay to park at Locust Street garage, lots around the Holiday Inn Sphere and if I am wrong, if I am giving wrong information I apologize, you might be able to pay to park at the Holiday Inn sphere- now that's not in concrete.. I believe there's parking available on Cumberland too- I don't know where they all are.

Out East we used to stay at Holiday Inn Strawberry Plains or the Holiday Inn Exit 407, Sevierville/Gatlinburg Exit..

Last edited:
Bummer. Most of the good hotels start taking reservations 364 days in advance. I book my hotels using points since they set aside a set amount of rooms for us point whores.

Reactions: 1 person
Ended up getting a room at Mainstay Suites about 6 miles from the stadium. Guess we'll have to drive in super early on gameday and hope we find decent parking. If all goes well my husband may not want to stay anyway after we beat those little piggies up and down the field. (He's a Raiseyourback Fan):p

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Ended up getting a room at Mainstay Suites about 6 miles from the stadium. Guess we'll have to drive in super early on gameday and hope we find decent parking. If all goes well my husband may not want to stay anyway after we beat those little piggies up and down the field. :D

Since we don't know a game time, we some times have to adjust our hotel reservations to come in the night before or leave Atlanta really, really early for a day game.. they'll announce game time like a week or so prior to the game. Glad you were able to find a room..

Most are NOT booked. They are blocked for 2+ night minimums at this point. You can (legally) book 2 nights and check out the first morning. Unless they require pre-payment, you have been a prick but they have to just wave good-bye. Sometimes 'medical emergencies' require you to leave, too.

Since we don't know a game time, we some times have to adjust our hotel reservations to come in the night before or leave Atlanta really, really early for a day game.. they'll announce game time like a week or so prior to the game. Glad you were able to find a room..

I'm hoping it's a night game and that CBS takes Bama/Georgia with no double header. But yeah, there's a chance we may not even need to stay overnight. I just never imagined it would be booked so far in advance, guess any Hog fans coming in are gonna be SOL.

Most are NOT booked. They are blocked for 2+ night minimums at this point. You can (legally) book 2 nights and check out the first morning. Unless they require pre-payment, you have been a prick but they have to just wave good-bye. Sometimes 'medical emergencies' require you to leave, too.

Every hotel within walking distance is booked solid. There are still some dumps available within 2 miles of the stadium, but I'm not staying in a room that books by the hour.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm hoping it's a night game and that CBS takes Bama/Georgia with no double header. But yeah, there's a chance we may not even need to stay overnight. I just never imagined it would be booked so far in advance, guess any Hog fans coming in are gonna be SOL.

More than likely those Hog fans have already booked too. If it's a night game that's fine with us, it's those noon games that we either come in the night before or leave way before bright and early the same morning. Those make for some long days but we don't mind. We love our Tennessee football.. :rock::rock:

More than likely those Hog fans have already booked too. If it's a night game that's fine with us, it's those noon games that we either come in the night before or leave way before bright and early the same morning. Those make for some long days but we don't mind. We love our Tennessee football.. :rock::rock:

I hope you rock the Orange in Atlanta! I do over here in my part of Georgia!

Went to book my hotel today for the Arky game within walking distance of the stadium and every single one of them is booked. $*^&, every good hotel is basically already booked 7 months in advance. Trying to figure out where I should stay and where I can park on gameday that isn't too far of a walk. Any suggestions? Guess I should have hopped on this sooner.

Mountains look great when leaves change.
Tons of good restaurants and tacky stores to visit. :rock:
Easy 45 min drive to stadium...if you leave about three hours prior to game time....$20 parking just over the Henley st bridge.

Lots of places to park on Cumberland but get there early. We usually park in one of the bank parking lots, but can't remember the name right now.

I hope you rock the Orange in Atlanta! I do over here in my part of Georgia!

Hey Joe! Yes Sir, we rock this part of Georgia- lots of us good VOL fans in Cherokee county!!! Everybody knows we're huge Big Orange fans too!!!! :rock::rock:

Which part of Georgia do you reside?

Hey Joe! Yes Sir, we rock this part of Georgia- lots of us good VOL fans in Cherokee county!!! Everybody knows we're huge Big Orange fans too!!!! :rock::rock:

Awesome. I'm in habersham county, just on the other side of Gainesville.

I used to live in Woodstock but had to get back to the hills. I liked it okay but I don't miss it a bit!
Most of the parking in all the downtown Knoxville garages is free on game day and they're all within walking distance of the stadium. A good little walk probably about a mile but not bad

Sounds like the days of a solid 102455 are about back. In the early 2000's when I lived in Texas, I used to have to book hotel rooms 8 months in advance to get a room close to the stadium. And until the last few years for many places, football weekend rates were "event" rates and considerably higher than regular rates. So not only do you have difficulty finding a room, the ones you do find cost a war pension.

Awesome. I'm in habersham county, just on the other side of Gainesville.

Know exactly where you are? Still got snow? Ours has slowly almost melted away.. I love snow!!! Not on the roads mind ya but snow... spoiled from being from East Tennessee & what a treat it is to have down here......

I used to live in Woodstock but had to get back to the hills. I liked it okay but I don't miss it a bit!
Most of the parking in all the downtown Knoxville garages is free on game day and they're all within walking distance of the stadium. A good little walk probably about a mile but not bad

Woodstock's a nice place- now more people have moved out here.. We aren't far from Little River Grill at Allatoona.. Several posters are in Woodstock...
Glad you're happier being back in the hills!

Know exactly where you are? Still got snow? Ours has slowly almost melted away.. I love snow!!! Not on the roads mind ya but snow... spoiled from being from East Tennessee & what a treat it is to have down here......

We have a little bit left, and yea we don't get much!

Every hotel within walking distance is booked solid. There are still some dumps available within 2 miles of the stadium, but I'm not staying in a room that books by the hour.

Just being curious, I went to hilton.com and used 2 Oct thru 4 Oct and found plenty of rooms. Some are waling distance and none qualify as dumps. Other hotel sites had similar results.

We have a little bit left, and yea we don't get much!

What we got sure was purty! The kids down the street were trying to sled in their yard- oh those screams of laughing & all. Sure brought back good memories of sledding in Elizabethton, down Cedar Ave. and behind the old Harold McCormick school.. of course we lived right there so we had plenty of being out in the cold.. burrrrrrrrrr..

I'd love to be at game in Neyland and have it snow.. that would be the proverbial icing on the cake...

Last edited:

Did you try Four Points. I just booked our room for the Georgia game. It's one of the closest to the stadium!!

Last edited:
Just being curious, I went to hilton.com and used 2 Oct thru 4 Oct and found plenty of rooms. Some are waling distance and none qualify as dumps. Other hotel sites had similar results.

I went through booking.com and tried Oct 3-4 and then went to every individual hotel site to make sure and they all said not available. Is there a 2 night minimum? If so, forget that crap.

VN Store

Back