VolNation, PLEASE go Vote!

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
ESPN's college football home page is running a poll at the moment, asking, "What is college football's best coaching job?"

The choices include 'Bama, Ohio State, Texas, USC, and "Other".

Well, this is clearly a foul-up of the first magnitude -- Tennessee isn't on the list.

Almost as bad, 'Bama is currently winning!

And worst of all, Tennessee is -- as of right now -- not one of the states voting most often for "Other". Louisiana is ... Florida is ... and Nebraska, Michigan, Oregon, Oklahoma. So why in the heck aren't we? Why are we allowing the 'Bama homers inside our borders to turn our state blue for them?!?!?

This must be fixed, ASAP. We need your help. Go vote Other in the poll. Turn Tennessee Other Orange, as it should be (I kid you not, the color for Other is Orange ... we are destined to be an Other state).

NCAA College Football Teams, Scores, Stats, News, Standings, Rumors - College Football - ESPN ... bottom of the page.

Thanks!

Last edited:
As of 12:30 Eastern time, the state of Tennessee has had 95 votes -- 47% for Bama, 35% for Other. We can flip this, easy.

UPDATE: as of 1:00 pm Eastern, 120 votes in TN, 48% for 'Bama, 34% for Other. Come on, VN, wake up - time to make a difference.

UPDATE: as of 1:30 pm Eastern, 162 votes in TN, 43% for 'Bama, 38% for Other. Closing the gap ... was a 14% lead for 'Bama half an hour ago, now just 5% gap. Need those who haven't voted yet to step up.

UPDATE: as of 2:00 pm Eastern, 202 votes in TN, 43% for Bama, 40% for Other. Closed the gap another 2%, but there are clearly still 'Bamers in our state jacking their vote up, too. Need a big surge to get past them once and for all.

UPDATE: as of 2:30 pm Eastern, 256 votes in TN, 39% for Bama, 45% for Other. Tennessee is now Orange on the map! Really nice job -- and if you haven't voted yet, please do ... still a steady trickle of 'Bama votes coming in, need TN/Other votes to offset them.

UPDATE: as of 3:00 pm, 286 TN votes -- 45% for Tennessee (Other), 38% for 'Bama, 17% for the rest combined. Holding our own.

UPDATE: at roughly 7 pm, 419 TN votes -- 47% for Tennessee (Other), 37% for 'Bama, 16% for the rest combined. Looks like we're on steady track to keep Tennessee orange, so this is the last update. Great job, VN!

Last edited:
Why do I give a rat's ass about some esoteric ESPN poll?

Because whether you care about ESPN or not (most don't), you still don't want 'Bamers laughing that Tennessee voted for them.

And you don't want to give Florida, LSU, Oklahoma, Michigan, etc. the pleasure of seeing their state be true while "Tennessee wasn't."

Last edited:
This entire forum is built on opinions, and sharing them, and comparing them, and arguing about them.

Whether you care or not, some here do. So if you live inside TN borders, consider it a small favor to them. Takes all of five seconds. Thanks :)

Last edited:
So, go vote for TN in a poll in which they aren't even a choice?

Makes sense given this is VN.

And to be truthful about it, UT shouldn't rank above the schools in Texas, California, or Florida. The in state recruiting base simply isn't there.

So, go vote for TN in a poll in which they aren't even a choice?

Makes sense given this is VN.

And to be truthful about it, UT shouldn't rank above the schools in Texas, California, or Florida. The in state recruiting base simply isn't there.

Fight the power! Quit being such a little p****. :)

Reactions: 4 people
Tennessee is a choice. You vote for your team. If your team isn't one of the four listed, it's one of the Others. So you're voting for Tennessee.

When you vote, and look at the map, you'll see what I mean ... by how Michigan, and Florida, and Nebraska, and other proud programs have lit their states up, distinguished them from the blue that covers the country in favor of Bama.

Vote, then look at the map, you'll see what I mean.

Tennessee is a choice. You vote for your team. If your team isn't one of the four listed, it's one of the Others. So you're voting for Tennessee.

When you vote, and look at the map, you'll see what I mean ... by how Michigan, and Florida, and Nebraska, and other proud programs have lit their states up, distinguished them from the blue that covers the country in favor of Bama.

Vote, then look at the map, you'll see what I mean.

I get what you are saying but the crux of your argument is voting for NOT BAMA more so than actually voting FOR TN.I did what you asked, I am just being a contrarian atm LOL

I get what you are saying but the crux of your argument is voting for NOT BAMA more so than actually voting FOR TN.I did what you asked, I am just being a contrarian atm LOL

Ha, no problem, I understand. And honestly, while I really don't want us tarred with a 'Bama brush, for me this really is more about getting Tennessee to stand out as a proud program that sees itself as one of the elite in the country. I want us Other Orange for us, more than in opposition to anyone else. But I still love to hate 'Bama. :p

I'm with you that's annoying. I'm voting from two tablets two phones and a laptop lol. Last I looked its 43% to 39%.

Yeah, we're backsliding so far this half-hour. That's a pity. We may not have the oomph to get over the hump here. But still holding out hope for more VNers to get home from work, log in and vote!

Voted, don't know exactly why but I did it. So there ya go. Now let's turn the state orange instead of blue. I think.......... What just happened here?? I'm confused, I just got talked into voting for a online poll to show my UT pride in a poll that UT isn't even in.....SMDH

Reactions: 1 person
Whoa, we just turned orange! 42% Vols (Other) to 41% Bama ... BIG surge, nice job. Now we gotta stay steady as new people log in, to stay ahead of the 'Bamers in the state. :)

Voted, don't know exactly why but I did it. So there ya go. Now let's turn the state orange instead of blue. I think.......... What just happened here?? I'm confused, I just got talked into voting for a online poll to show my UT pride in a poll that UT isn't even in.....SMDH

Ha! Thanks for that, I gave you a like in appreciation for doing something you're smacking yourself over. :)

the first time I voted other, Tn was still blue, then I went back incognito and voted and it turned orange. GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
the first time I voted other, Tn was still blue, then I went back incognito and voted and it turned orange. GO VOLS!

Yeah man, that orange silhouette of the state of Tennessee sure looks nice on that mostly blue map. :)

I know I'm getting far too much pleasure out of a stupid ESPN poll, just can't help it. :lolabove:

Interesting note: as of right now, TN is second only to Ohio in votes for its own team, as a percentage of votes from within the state. We're ahead even of Alabama, who are winning nationwide.

• Inside Ohio, 69% of people vote OSU #1.
  • Inside Tennessee, 46% vote Other #1 -- we're gonna assume the vast majority of that is for the Vols :)
  • Inside Alabama, 44% of people vote Alabama #1.
  • Inside Florida, 44% of folks vote Other #1 (and you know that's split between UF, FSU, and Miami)
  • Inside Louisiana, 43% of folks vote Other (assuming mostly for LSU).
  • and so on.
Ohio State is the clear leader, but we got everyone else beat for now. Go Vols!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back