Will season ticket sales rise this year?

Volngeorgia

I'm thinking they will.
With some outlets having us ranked in the Top 25 and Oklahoma, Arkansas, Georgia, and USC on the home schedule, that should help our ticket office sales force.

UT has already said prices are going up. They could have stayed the same or even decreased if the city of Knoxville wasn't so greedy in having their European-scale tax slapped on every ticket!

I'm thinking season tickets sales are up as well. As a season ticket holder in the scoreboard vicinity of the south end/upper deck since it opened 40 years ago, the past five years I have received telephone calls from the UTAD asking me to purchase additional tickets but not this year. In 2012, I was asked if I wanted to purchase an entire section. (Joking, I was told I was eligible to purchase up to 10 more.) Since about 2007, this has become an area of mixed seating between UT/opponents between two opponent upper seating areas to the left and right of the scoreboard. I'll be really glad to have Vol fans returning.

UT has already said prices are going up. They could have stayed the same or even decreased if the city of Knoxville wasn't so greedy in having their European-scale tax slapped on every ticket!

Won't lower that rate or at least agree to use that money for improvements in and around the campus area.
I read somewhere that Cumberland was going to go down to two lanes in hopes of having more walking areas to businesses. Not sure when that's supposed to happen.

Wouldn't be surprised if ticket sales dropped across the country what with all the TV coverage. Getting snockered and enjoying good food at watch parties (not sayin' everyone drinks) is a growing trend. But nothing beats the stadium atmosphere esp in Neyland. :no:

Wouldn't be surprised if ticket sales dropped across the country what with all the TV coverage. Getting snockered and enjoying good food at watch parties (not sayin' everyone drinks) is a growing trend. But nothing beats the stadium atmosphere esp in Neyland. :no:

The bigger my TV screen gets the less I care about shelling out $$ to watch in person.

The bigger my TV screen gets the less I care about shelling out $$ to watch in person.

PrestigiousGargantuanCrownofthornsstarfish.gif

If Tenn wins 9 or better, ticket prices going way up, because CBJs agent will be looking for a BIG raise, very Big as in 7 figure raise.. Its the landscape of the college game folks.

Watching it at home doesn't compare to watching it at Neyland. If only they sold beer...

That money is an add-on and paid by the fans. I have no clue why UT is crying about it. When that tax was implemented it was tacked on as a separate item and was printed on every ticket as an amusement tax. That money has always been neutral to their budget but they are playing on the ignorance of the public.

If it is eliminated then UT needs to compensate the fans. Bet you do not see any deduction for the elimination of the Knox County taxes that were eliminated this year.

We need to get back to having Neyland packed for every game like we used to be.

Recruits see on TV that Neyland isn't packed and they wonder about if they'll really play in front of a packed stadium or not.

I would certainly hope that ticket sales go way up with all the great hype going on about us already.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

I have been attending a game or two a year since mid 1970s when grandparents were in Knoxville. In the last 10 years or so I have gone to more games and in the last 4 years since my son was attending college less than 2 hours from Neyland I have gotten mini packs of 3 games or so. This year I drank the Kool-Aid and went full season ticket overboard for 3 tickets. I am more excited about the Vols than I have been since the early 90s and I am probably not alone in that. Given that I live approx. 7.5 hours away I believe others might be doing the same. The answer has to be yes.

Reactions: 1 person
We need to get back to having Neyland packed for every game like we used to be.

Recruits see on TV that Neyland isn't packed and they wonder about if they'll really play in front of a packed stadium or not.

I would certainly hope that ticket sales go way up with all the great hype going on about us already.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Lol, wut?

VN Store

Back