It's the off season and here's my offseason thread

NEO

Eat at Joe's
If you had been a walk on for the Vols, and in your entire career you were only put into the game one time, for only one play, during what game would you choose and what play would it have been?

I'd go into the 2010 LSU game at the very end and say "You, you and you ... Get off the field."

Reactions: 24 people
I'd go into the 2010 LSU game at the very end and say "You, you and you ... Get off the field."

If Dooley wins that game does his career at UT change? If it got him out sooner as opposed to later I will take the L.

Reactions: 1 person
If we get to actually make a difference in the game ... I'd go into the 2007 SEC Championship and catch one of Ainge's two second-half interceptions, setting us up to score and tie the game at 21-21, instead of losing 21-14. That'd put us in overtime, and the Vols are usually money in overtime. We'd win the SEC Championship and end the season 11-3, ranked in the top 10, having gotten one more SEC Champ trophy out of the Phil Fulmer years.

If we don't get to actually make a difference ... I'd pick the 2006 'Bama game, last time we beat our nemesis in Neyland Stadium.

EDIT: I'm changing my vote. If we don't get to make a difference, I'll take any game with General Neyland coaching. Would love to experience that gentleman's leadership live and in color.

Last edited:
National championship game against FSU. I would want to intercept their QB in the second half.

November 9th 1991 South Bend Indiana. Tennessee trails by 24 points but storms back. Notre Dame down by one point with the clock ticking out and I'm Jeremy Lincoln and I block that field goal with my butt. Game over. Vols win.

Last edited:
It's. A. Joke.

It's no joke. We've got the "What If" Gee Whiz Space/Time Machine all gassed up with diesel and we need you to be accurately forecasting the timeline consequences to any actions you suggest. So I suggest you forget the Dooley era entirely, and possibly prevent it by travelling to the SEC Championship game of 2001.

Safety is not guaranteed. I've only done this once before.

November 9th 1991 South Bend Indiana. Tennessee trails by 24 points but storms back. Notre Dame down by one point with the clock ticking out and I'm Rob Leonard and I block that field goal with my butt. Game over. Vols win.

Rob Leonard was the kicker for ND. The block was executed by Jeremy Lincoln's posterior.

I'd be the walk on quarterback. I get put in for one play, any game, and I throw the ball over the river. I then get drafted, and make millions in the NFL over my arm strength.

It's no joke. We've got the "What If" Gee Whiz Space/Time Machine all gassed up with diesel and we need you to be accurately forecasting the timeline consequences to any actions you suggest. So I suggest you forget the Dooley era entirely, and possibly prevent it by travelling to the SEC Championship game of 2001.

Safety is not guaranteed. I've only done this once before.

Nice reference! You get a like. Haha!

2014 Chattanooga. Late in 4th Q.

I'm really old out of shape and suck. Hopefully I wouldn't screw that game up.

Reactions: 4 people
Could I be in Hamilton's office when Patterson or Sumlin interviewed and offer either the job instead of Kiffin or Dooley?

VN Store

Back