Mindsets of the Team and the Fans

Which game will be closer assuming we win?

• Total voters

chattaboogie

I drink and post.
I find it odd that many Volnation posters have started to lump South Carolina in with Kentucky and VANDY as a gimme win this year. It's even stranger to me that they then point to the Florida game as a likely loss. Let me remind everyone of a few things.

In 2013 USC went 11-2 and defeated Missouri, Florida, Clemson, Wisconsin and blew out Arkansas and Miss St,

Last year they beat Georgia, Florida, Miami and lost to Missouri by one point.

They have won four straight bowl games against Nebraska, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Miami.

They also have consistency with their coaching staff.

Florida went 4-8 and lost to Georgia Southern in 2013 and barely made a bowl last year where they barely beat East Carolina.And oh yeah,they also have an entirely new coaching staff.

Fans need to get over this beaten dog mentality and quit acting like the streak has any effect on the outcome of the upcoming meeting. Our current players have not lost to Florida the last decade. They think of it just like any other rivalry game.

I'm not saying Florida is a guaranteed win. I'm saying if you're going to be scared of someone you should be more scared of South Carolina. The ball just happened to bounce our way with them the last two years.

Reactions: 2 people
"Our current players have not lost to Florida the last decade"

All but the freshman lost to them last year.

Reactions: 1 person
"Our current players have not lost to Florida the last decade"

All but the freshman lost to them last year.

As in it's not like the players who will take the field have lost to the gators ten years in a row, thus mentally handicapped.

USC is trending the wrong way. They are breaking in a nw QB.

I'm not lumping them with anybody, but they aren't the team they were in 2013.

USC is trending the wrong way. They are breaking in a nw QB.

I'm not lumping them with anybody, but they aren't the team they were in 2013.

I agree, but at least they still have Spurrier. I really think Florida will be down next year with the coaching change, especially when we play them. They also return very few starters, ten if I remember correctly.

This thread is more "Mine-set"...than "Mindset"...

Even when it is supposed to be a big win/loss, the UT-USoCar game is close. It has proven to be a gob smacking fight every year. On the other hand, UF games have gotten out of control several times regardless of the winner. If the poll is to determine the closer game, I pick So Carolina. GO BIG ORANGE!

What either team did in 2013 is irrelevant to what will happen in 2015. All one has to do is look at SC last 3 recruiting classes which were all in the lower half of SEC to see where their program is heading. SOS is 69 and top recruits are already questioning how much longer he will coach. SC fans better enjoy while they can because it is getting ready to get ugly in Columbia.

Florida is in much better shape. Our last two recruiting classes closed the talent gap on them but they still have an edge in experience. Their D will be stout. . .there will be NO easy Ws against them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
What either team did in 2013 is irrelevant to what will happen in 2015. All one has to do is look at SC last 3 recruiting classes which were all in the lower half of SEC to see where their program is heading. SOS is 69 and top recruits are already questioning how much longer will he coach. SC fans better enjoy while they can because it is getting ready to get ugly in Columbia.

Florida is in much better shape. Our last two recruiting classes closed the talent gap on them but they still have an edge in experience. Their D will be stout. . .there will be NO easy Ws against them.

In 2014 The Gators had better athletes, especially on defense, 2015 should be very close in talent.

I agree, but at least they still have Spurrier. I really think Florida will be down next year with the coaching change, especially when we play them. They also return very few starters, ten if I remember correctly.

I won't underestimate tOBC....this game will be circled on their schedule. I believe he hates to lose to UT more than any other team.

UT now has a significant talent gap over USCe. UF possibly enjoys a very slight advantage but according to many here a new coach cannot be expected to win. UT should win both games.

What either team did in 2013 is irrelevant to what will happen in 2015. All one has to do is look at SC last 3 recruiting classes which were all in the lower half of SEC to see where their program is heading. SOS is 69 and top recruits are already questioning how much longer will he coach. SC fans better enjoy while they can because it is getting ready to get ugly in Columbia.

Ok so 2013 is irrelevant. Then I say last year we had a better year (got a better bowl and performed much better in it), found our QB in the second half of the season, and lost to them by one with Worley.

We have a top five recruiting class that will be sophomores with tons of experience, return 8 more starters than them, and brought in the number 3 class compared to their 21st according to 247.

And oh yeah, it's our third year in our systems and it's their first. I think the experience edge goes to us.

Last edited:
I find it odd that many Volnation posters have started to lump South Carolina in with Kentucky and VANDY as a gimme win this year. It's even stranger to me that they then point to the Florida game as a likely loss. Let me remind everyone of a few things.

In 2013 USC went 11-2 and defeated Missouri, Florida, Clemson, Wisconsin and blew out Arkansas and Miss St,

They have won four straight bowl games against Nebraska, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Miami.

Florida went 4-8 and lost to Georgia Southern in 2013 and barely made a bowl last year where they barely beat East Carolina.And oh yeah,they also have an entirely new coaching staff.

Fans need to get over this beaten dog mentality and quit acting like the streak has any effect on the outcome of the upcoming meeting. Our current players have not lost to Florida the last decade. They think of it just like any other rivalry game.

I'm not saying Florida is a guaranteed win. I'm saying if you're going to be scared of someone you should be more scared of South Carolina. The ball just happened to bounce our way with them the last two years.

South Carolina's program is on the slide and will be 6-6 at best. Tennessee kicks them in the teeth in Neyland Stadium.

Ok so 2013 is irrelevant. Then I say last year we had a better year (got a better bowl and performed much better in it), found our QB in the second half of the season, and lost to them by one with Worley.

We have a top five recruiting class that will be sophomores with tons of experience, return 8 more starters than them, and brought in the number 3 class compared to their 21st according to 247.

And oh yeah, it's our third year in our systems and it's their first. I think the experience edge goes to us.

Then you would be wrong.

I agree. Florida should be the easier game this year. Spurrier doesn't want to lose to Butch again and will do everything in his power to get the win.

Florida boards seem to be concerned about their O-line going into next year. If this becomes a defensive battle I like our chances with Dobbs and Hurd.

VN Store

Back