Oklahoma major statement win

1standgoal

If the Big Orange pull off the huge win against Oklahoma, the rest of the SEC will be in trouble. It would be a gigantic confidence builder, momentum maker, and prove Tennessee should be back in the national spotlight.

Reactions: 9 people
If the Big Orange pull off the huge win against Oklahoma, the rest of the SEC will be in trouble. It would be a gigantic confidence builder, momentum maker, and prove Tennessee should be back in the national spotlight.

It would still be a great win, but they were only 8-5 last season.

Reactions: 3 people

I'm with you on this one, Stan D Goal the 1st ! It won't be a season breaker to fall short, but coming out strong with a W on this one will be huge in getting us to ATL.

Reactions: 1 person
Winning would be somewhat of a statement win but as another poster mentioned OK was only 8-5 last year. I'm more worried that losing would really hurt the confidence of a young(yes CBJ has brainwashed me) but talented team.

I got a gut feeling that we will do to them what they did to us last year. I fully expect us to win by at least 3 scores.

It would be a huge statement that we have improved a ton! They whipped us badly last year. We have the chance to do what we did to Miami...we got hammered the first year and then laid the hammer down the second

Beating a team like Oklahoma that finished poorly last year would not be a statement win, imho. Nice win, but not statement. Now, given the last two recruiting classes like TN has had, and the feeling that the VOLS are on the way UP, would be a statement win for OU. This is one of those games that although it won't break TN's season if TN loses, it certainly wouldn't give the VOLS the bump they need SHOULD TN lose before hitting SEC play.

Oklahoma is down we will be a 3 point favorite going into the game at least.:rock: i hope we are a dog.:rock:

This game is not a must win in any shape or form. I'm not even sure it will make a huge statement. It would be just a nice victory vs. an above average B12 team. I'm positive they will be overrated once again, and will be in the top 15 week 1. By the time they come to TN at 2-0, they will be a borderline top 10 team. It will be a nice win for sure, and a huge momentum/confidence builder heading into Gainesville two weeks later. The UF game is the must win in my eyes.

Would be a big win against a fellow traditional power house...I would love to see us get that win...But a statement game is the one where we put on our big boy pants and go into Gainesville and FINALLY beat them like a red headed step child...Never could figure out why they are so damn afraid of those guys...They need to get over it and go beat them like it seems everybody has been doing.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back