Enough with the "We are back" talk

OP will get hammered...

Yet speaks da Troof*...

* a little lupe fiasco for ya...

Reactions: 2 people
I wasn't going to say it...but you've convinced me WE'RE BACK!!! :yu:

Reactions: 13 people
Good grief, who peed in your Cheerios this morning.there is a lot to be excited about. We do need to win a big game, but don't hate on those who are excited.

Reactions: 7 people
OP is dishing out some, "don't step out into the unknown, don't be forward-thinking, don't believe anything but what you've already seen" kind of advice. Some people who ignored that kind of advice:

Jackie Robinson
Christopher Columbus
Buddy Holly
NASA, in the 1960s
Alexander the Great
Rosa Parks
Edmund Hillary & Tenzing Norgay
Nelson Mandela
Albert Einstein
Hannibal

Feel free to ignore the OP. You'll be in good company. There's more to the future than just looking in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
OP is dishing out some, "don't step out into the unknown, don't be forward-thinking, don't believe anything but what you've already seen" kind of advice. Some people who ignored that kind of advice:

Jackie Robinson
Christopher Columbus
Buddy Holly
NASA, in the 1960s
Alexander the Great
Rosa Parks
Edmund Hillary & Tenzing Norgay
Nelson Mandela
Stephen Hawking
Hannibal

Feel free to ignore the OP. You'll be in good company. You don't have to look to the past to see the future.

Did this just happen? Comparing society before Jackie Robinson to the feelings of the OP. I'm partly not serious.

Reactions: 1 person
We should all spend the off season in misery.

That's the best plan.

No hopes. No dreams. No seeing of bright futures.

Doom, gloom and misery. That's where it's at.

:good!:

Reactions: 5 people
We should all spend the off season in misery.

That's the best plan.

No hopes. No dreams. No seeing of bright futures.

Doom, gloom and misery. That's where it's at.

:good!:

He's not being doom and gloom

Reality is only doom and gloom to people who cant deal with it

Did this just happen? Comparing society before Jackie Robinson to the feelings of the OP. I'm partly not serious.

Yeah, it did just happen. Comparing some of the advice Jackie was getting to the advice OP is giving. It all comes down to "don't believe." Don't believe things can get better. Don't believe change can come, is coming, will come.

Football wins and losses aren't as IMPORTANT as baseball integration was, granted. But things don't have to be of equal importance to have parallels, lessons that can be drawn, comparisons made. Save your partially serious righteous indignation for circumstances where it makes sense. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
We're fans, it's our job to believe. All you wet blanket types try to suck the fun out of it

Reactions: 13 people
'We are back" is subjective...

"Back" meaning there are:

1) No dumpster fire stories on the serial dysfunction post Fulmer era....check

2) SEC caliber talent commit last year and then receive invaluable game experience to set table for future championships ..check

3) Team talent matures and passes eye test after bowl practice period...check

4) CBJ puts another elite class of talent on the Hill..check

5) Pundits clamor to be the one that gets ahead of everyone saying that Tennessee is back to secure the "See I told you position"...check

Yes..I would say that we are back with this criteria....

"It is a process"...The next step is moving to the objective assessment of "We are back". 9-10 wins and knowing that we have the ability and chance to win every game..This is now a when not if proposition.." '15 or "16.this will be a great sustainable ride

We may not be back.. But

I BELIEVE we will beat Oklahoma..

I BELIEVE we will beat Florida..

I BELIEVE we will beat Georgia..

I BELIEVE we will beat Arkansas..

I BELIEVE we will beat Missouri..

☺

VN Store

Back