SEC pre-spring position rankings: QB

When you put an electric QB in an offense with two five-star RB's and a full stable of WR's, you get high rankings.

I like it.

There seems to be no dominant QB in the conference but Josh Dobbs has the potential to become one .

Ha! Our opposition don't look so good using this particular measuring stick: their QBs are, with one exception, #6, #7, #9, #10, #11, #13, and #14 on the list. The exception? Maty Mauk of Mizzou, at #3. That's the terror of 2015 for our Vols.

Our D is going to eat a lot of people's lunches this coming season.

Reactions: 1 person
Ha! Our opposition don't look so good using this particular measuring stick: their QBs are, with one exception, #6, #7, #9, #10, #11, #13, and #14 on the list. The exception? Maty Mauk of Mizzou, at #3. That's the terror of 2015 for our Vols.

Our D is going to eat a lot of people's lunches this coming season.

That's right. Our D-Line will be a terror in the SEC this year. As we all know, defense wins championships!

There seems to be no dominant QB in the conference but Josh Dobbs has the potential to become one .
I disagree here. I think everyone has to give the nod to Prescott down at Miss St this year. He received a lot Heisman consideration last year and played very well in most of their games. He has to be the #1 SEC QB coming into the 2015 season. After that it's a tossup but for sure depending on how the season progresses Dobbs could easily be #1. The press loves this kid and his story, they'll push him nationally if we get off to a good start. If he wins early at The Swamp ...look out!

I disagree here. I think everyone has to give the nod to Prescott down at Miss St this year. He received a lot Heisman consideration last year and played very well in most of their games. He has to be the #1 SEC QB coming into the 2015 season. After that it's a tossup but for sure depending on how the season progresses Dobbs could easily be #1. The press loves this kid and his story, they'll push him nationally if we get off to a good start. If he wins early at The Swamp ...look out!

Problem for Prescott is that he is going to have to carry MSU on his back this season due to turnover. Dobbs is going to have a wealth of talent around him at the skill positions.

Prescott fluttered toward the end of last season. Teams keyed on his weaknesses, and as mentioned, he has lost some linemen and his RB.

Prescott fluttered toward the end of last season. Teams keyed on his weaknesses, and as mentioned, he has lost some linemen and his RB.
True but he gets his WR back that went down early due to injury. Miss St will still be effective offensively maybe not like last year, but they will move the ball.

When it comes to these list every year a team will have at least one qb that is much better then preseason rankings

Prescott is ranked#1 b/c he is the most experienced QB in the league other then mauk. :yes:

Decent list. I like the Towles comparison to Ben. Dobbs is a dark horse for heisman for sure.

With the talent at rb and wr around him I agree. Its gonna be hard for a defense to focus on Hurd/kamara, pig, north, Pearson, smith, Williams, etc then Dobbs take off for 30+ yards.

I hope the O line improves tremendously. There is so much talent but that line was horrendous last year. If they become decent then our offense will be something special. If not then Dobbs maybe having surgery mid season...

I am really anxious to see how Dobbs develops as a passer this season. With more receivers healthy and better O-line play, there is some big potential here.

However, I am just as anxious to see if we can break the pattern of making everyone's second string or new, inexperienced QB look like a Heisman candidate when they play us. Seems like it happens every time. How many 'breakout' performances have happened against us? I am hoping THAT ends this year. I am starting to think it might. That Florida game is going to be huge ... Especially after this latest loss.

VN Store

Back